Operation: Big speakers little holes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BradKnob

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah I was just referring to the 4 channels. How much power do you plan on running to the SI's? And by tricks I was waiting for the next post to show some nice mids and be like "sooooo... look what came today" and go back to a 3-way front stage LOL

I thought about that, you running a center but since you didn't in the Ram and had the space I was figuring you wouldn't.

Ha, well I'd be lying if I said 3 way was completely out of the question. Lol. I'm inly contemplating a center bc the jeep has one, and I was wondering if I was gone miss that extra cone area up front

OP
OP
BradKnob

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Any updates on the TM65's or that Frog?

Unfortunately, no. Very soon though. I was thinking of jut dropping the TM65s in and running stock power for the time being, but I haven't found out if them being 2 ohm will hurt the factory amp. I need the factory amp to sum the signal so I would rather not destroy it. Lol

Edit: after 8 seconds of googling, it seems the factory speakers are 2 ohm also. So.......

Last edited:

Palmerosa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Brad thanks for sharing as I just read most of this thread and now think I may have to get the helix pro for an install I'm currently doing in my 2015 Dodge Ram 3500. I did want to ask what kind of wire was that you used to hook it up from the factory amp? It didn't look like speaker wire but couldn't tell just what kind it was though?
Thanks for sharing all the info for the Dodge Ram as we need all the help we can get with the new alpine 8.4 setup.

OP
OP
BradKnob

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Brad thanks for sharing as I just read most of this thread and now think I may have to get the helix pro for an install I'm currently doing in my 2015 Dodge Ram 3500. I did want to ask what kind of wire was that you used to hook it up from the factory amp? It didn't look like speaker wire but couldn't tell just what kind it was though?
Thanks for sharing all the info for the Dodge Ram as we need all the help we can get with the new alpine 8.4 setup.

I had the base system in my truck and used an after market head unit to feed signal to the DSP. As for the wire, I used speaker wire for the power and ground since that's all that would fit in the small ass plug, and knukoncept Krystal cables as RCAs.

If I were you, I would try tapping into the tweeter, front door and sub to get a full range signal to the DSP. That's what everyone's been using for the jeep grand Cherokees at least, so don't quote me on that. If all else fails, just pull signal from all speakers.

Palmerosa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Thanks again Brad and everyone else for all the time y'all have taken here to share your install. You have given me the kick in the butt I needed to get started on my install. I did have another question about your processer if you don't mine? Is there any reason you would pick the helix pro over the audison bit one? With my truck I t seems no matter what processor I go with I will have to add some resistors in the speaker lines coming out the amp to trick the amp think it has a load or it won't put out a signal. Man these new systems can be a *****.

OP
OP
BradKnob

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks again Brad and everyone else for all the time y'all have taken here to share your install. You have given me the kick in the butt I needed to get started on my install. I did have another question about your processer if you don't mine? Is there any reason you would pick the helix pro over the audison bit one? With my truck I t seems no matter what processor I go with I will have to add some resistors in the speaker lines coming out the amp to trick the amp think it has a load or it won't put out a signal. Man these new systems can be a *****.

The only reason I would go with the bit one over the helix is bc, I'm pretty sure, that the bit one de-equalizes the factory eq and gives you a flat signal to start with. The helix does not. But just from research I have done, there seems to be more issues with the bit one than the helix. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong with either unit

Palmerosa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I'm notn sure if that would be a deal breaker for me. I have also read some issues with the audison bit one with the system in my truck. But one thing on the helix pro is no dealers in my area anywhere. Then again we only have one for the audison. What to do>

j1877p

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Ok so I just spent all night reading this entire thread. I just couldn't stop going to the next page for the next surprise. It was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster :) :peace: :waytogo: :shocked: :confused: :popcorn: :jawdrop: :big_banana_Dance:

Basically just want to say good job. It's all trial and error. Sucks that a Mini was the demise of the Ram but I'm sure your new beauty will be even better. Thanks for keeping me glued to the screen. :favorites13:

OP
OP
BradKnob

BradKnob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ok so I just spent all night reading this entire thread. I just couldn't stop going to the next page for the next surprise. It was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster :) :peace: :waytogo: :shocked: :confused: :popcorn: :jawdrop: :big_banana_Dance:

Basically just want to say good job. It's all trial and error. Sucks that a Mini was the demise of the Ram but I'm sure your new beauty will be even better. Thanks for keeping me glued to the screen. :favorites13:

Lol, yes. Quite the emotional roller coaster. Glad I could amuse you for a bit.

Here's the build for the jeep if anyone's interested.

http://diymobileaudio.com/forum/bui...radknobs-14-grand-cherokee-limited-build.html

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juanita Kelley