P0335 HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
This morning when I got drove down the street, the truck started sputtering and stalling. Service electronic throttle message popped up with p0335 code.

The truck idles rough and dies. She drove great all day yesterday. All of a sudden this happens this morning. And ideas???? Please help.

Also, I have the peddle commander. I disconnected it and same thing.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What does the code say it is ? Cam and lifters ?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Possible a dirty throttle body.

OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
All my scanner says is p0335. Now the dash says service electronic braking system.

OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Now the engine dies, takes a few seconds to turn over. When keep my foot on the gas it won’t go over 2500rpm. Also heard a few back fire.

I’m going to wait till tomorrow to get throttle body cleaner. Could it that cause it? 52k miles I’ve never cleaned it.

OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I’m thinking about having it towed to the dealer. I’m still under the power train warranty. Do I call rams roadside assistance to get it towed? Should I call the dealer first? I’ve never had this happen where I needed a tow to a shop.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
P0335 is a crank sensor code. More than likely it will need to be replaced. Also depending on where you live, check the wire harness. Rodents like to nest in areas on and around the engine and have been known to chew wires.

OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Where is the sensor located on the 6.4?

OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
P0335 is a crank sensor code. More than likely it will need to be replaced. Also depending on where you live, check the wire harness. Rodents like to nest in areas on and around the engine and have been known to chew wires.

Where is sensor located on 6.4?

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
P0335 is a crankshaft position sensor circuit code, not necessarily the sensor itself. Check the connector for corrosion and wiring to the connector

OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I got the truck towed to the dealer on Fri. They told me it won’t get looked at until Wednesday hopefully Tuesday.

I’m hoping it’s a sensor and or corrosion, something stupid and simple. One day the truck running perfect and literally the next day won’t start, it has to be that.

OP
OP
zeddy

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well, got a call from the dealer. They said it's the cranskshaft sensor and wiring harness. Unfortunately it's not covered under the powertrain warranty because it's considered "wear and tear" item.

They told me it's going to cost 927$ to replace everything. I know, I'm getting shafted. The good thing is if it does the same thing again, it's on them, comes with a 2 year warranty.

I did the math and if I did it myself, it'll be about 150$ less because I have to pay for diagnostic fee and a tow truck to get the truck from the dealer back to my house.

Really kicking myself in the ass for even taking it to the dealer. I honesty thought that would be covered under the powertrain. If i would of known, I would of fixed it my self.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, got a call from the dealer. They said it's the cranskshaft sensor and wiring harness. Unfortunately it's not covered under the powertrain warranty because it's considered "wear and tear" item.

They told me it's going to cost 927$ to replace everything. I know, I'm getting shafted. The good thing is if it does the same thing again, it's on them, comes with a 2 year warranty.

I did the math and if I did it myself, it'll be about 150$ less because I have to pay for diagnostic fee and a tow truck to get the truck from the dealer back to my house.

Really kicking myself in the ass for even taking it to the dealer. I honesty thought that would be covered under the powertrain. If i would of known, I would of fixed it my self.
Ugh that sucks, but at least you have a 2 year warranty on the repair...