Pedal commander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cmsharp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Read a couple of previous posts about this little gizmo. Wondered if anyone else has used this on their ram. I dont want to spend the money on a tuner since i have a 2016. Could this help my 3.21 feel like a 3.92?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Imho, the only thing that is going to make your truck feel like it has 3.92 is 3.92 gearing.

pt1655

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
hidee ho

Our 5.7l hemis have a fly by wire throttle system with no mechanical linkage from gas pedal to engine with a signifcant throttle delay built in by software. The Pedal Commander, and what I use, the Sprint Throttle Booster, have you attach a gizmo at the gas pedal which allows you to control how much delay there is of the gas pedal pressure signal from pedal to computer. Some allow several choices, I have mine set to "sport" which is a 50% delay ("race" is also available but I felt it was too touchy). Now my throttle response is nearly instantaneous which is great. Some of the tuners, Diable and Trinity for sure allow for throttle delay adjustment built into their tuner software without the gizmo at the gas pedal (my older BullyDog GT tuner does not, the newer BD product may but I do not know for sure). Any of these methods is so much better than the standard throttle delay which is truly annoying. Good Luck!

Repsol69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Our 5.7l hemis have a fly by wire throttle system with no mechanical linkage from gas pedal to engine with a signifcant throttle delay built in by software. The Pedal Commander, and what I use, the Sprint Throttle Booster, have you attach a gizmo at the gas pedal which allows you to control how much delay there is of the gas pedal pressure signal from pedal to computer. Some allow several choices, I have mine set to "sport" which is a 50% delay ("race" is also available but I felt it was too touchy). Now my throttle response is nearly instantaneous which is great. Some of the tuners, Diable and Trinity for sure allow for throttle delay adjustment built into their tuner software without the gizmo at the gas pedal (my older BullyDog GT tuner does not, the newer BD product may but I do not know for sure). Any of these methods is so much better than the standard throttle delay which is truly annoying. Good Luck!

Where can I can this pedal commander???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lufty

Muskies Bite
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 REBEL
Engine
With the Sprint Booster I wonder why it says professional installation required for motorized adjustable pedals? Seems like it should be just plug and play. I have the adjustable pedal and am seriously considering the Sprint. Anyone installed one with the adjustable pedal?

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Personally I would give their customer service a call on Monday and speak with their tech department. I would want someone to explain fully why I would have to take on additional cost of a professional if this is listed as a " plug & play " application...

Lufty

Muskies Bite
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 REBEL
Engine
DRkNESS- thank you for the reply. I almost ordered it this weekend after seeing this thread. I will definitely call tomorrow and will post after I get an answer.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yes as the only reason I say that is I'm sure it's their way of covering their butts wattanty wise, but again don't advertise as plug and play when it's really plug and " PAY " . :(

Lufty

Muskies Bite
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 REBEL
Engine
So after calling Sprint Booster... it is still plug and play when you have adjustable pedals on your truck.... you just need to be sure you leave some slack in the harness for when the pedals are moved for a different driver so that the wires don't pull out of the harness.

So I just ordered one online for my '16 5.7

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Good deal although they should have just indicated that in a disclaimer listed on the product page lol.

Lufty

Muskies Bite
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 REBEL
Engine
Lol.. that's what I thought. He just said some people arent that mechanically enclined.

Really hoping this works to get rid of some of the drive by wire lag. Seen a lot of great reviews on it. Fingers crossed and I'll definitely post my impressions of it after it's installed.

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I will be keeping my eye on this post, my 2013 was a 6 speed 3:92 and my 2017 is a 8 speed 3:21 and i see zero difference in performance or gas mileage.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
im curious about this as well for my v6

Lufty

Muskies Bite
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 REBEL
Engine
So I received my Sprint Booster today. I installed it and went for a nice ride thru town and a little highway driving.

Came packaged well and the install was very easy. Open drivers door and keep open and wait till interior lights go out. (That took longer then the install.) Plugged in and ran cord for controller up by dash.

Started up and no codes. The controller comes set at Sport "5" and race "5" and off. Simply pressing the main button changes between the 3. Sport and race modes can be fine tuned between "1-9" but I didn't mess with those and left both modes at "5".

After driving I found I liked the sport mode the best. Race mode seems a little too touchy. But I'll drive it some more and fine tune it to my liking.

My first impression is this makes the truck way more fun to drive! I know it's not a tune and it's not adding any power but I do like very much how the throttle responds now. I also understand how and what the units doing and I like it. It may not be for everyone and it is expensive but to me its worth it so far. IMO

Also you can set it at whatever mode you want and disconnect the controller cord and it'll stay programmed to that mode untill you reconnect it and change it.

Attachments

• IMG_1432.jpg
    IMG_1432.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 77

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^^. Now see these are to me the best reviews. The ones where the buyer has what he feels meets his needs, and understands that it's not for everyone. I'll also write a review when I'm back and install my Pedal Commander. :)

Lufty

Muskies Bite
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 REBEL
Engine
So after driving with the Sprint Booster for a bit now I do like it. The biggest thing I like is it doesn't feel like the truck is lugging ( in MDS) when driving in slower traffic. Some people notice when there truck is in MDS and some don't. I drive with a light foot and I could feel it lugging and now don't notice it really at all going in and out of MDS or sometimes waiting for a down shift. It feels seemless now. I have set it at Sport "7" and unplugged the controller (I didn't want to mount it to dash or steering column but current settings is still set even with controller unplugged ).

Some days I would use the gear shift buttons (set at 8) to keep the motor out of mds. Others I know use their tow/haul button all the time. I just hop in and I've noticed that I DONT notice any lag or lugging. I know MDS is fast at like .04 of a sec but like I said it drives and feels better to me. Very happy with it.

This is my FEELING of the truck and to me it drives like i think it should now. Long story short I think it was worth for ME. This is all my opinion and feelings. Hope it helps anyone considering one. (and yes after my warranty is up I'll be looking at tunes and hopefully by then someone will have figured out how unlock the stock pcm)

-DRkNESS still waiting for your pedal commander review.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'll be be back on Wednesday, have it installed by Thursday and will have the review no later then that evening. :)