Phone Pairing Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
As the title states, I've got a phone pairing issue. I have a 2018 2500; last few weeks, every time I restart my truck I need to re-pair my phone. Keeps dumping the connection. Now my phone can't even find the bluetooth signal from the truck. I know it's not the phone because it syncs with my watch, the pedal commander, and an external speaker with out any issue. I am not having any other issues with the radio, the Nav system, or any of the apps that I have noticed. Any suggestions? Thanks.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
As the title states, I've got a phone pairing issue. I have a 2018 2500; last few weeks, every time I restart my truck I need to re-pair my phone. Keeps dumping the connection. Now my phone can't even find the bluetooth signal from the truck. I know it's not the phone because it syncs with my watch, the pedal commander, and an external speaker with out any issue. I am not having any other issues with the radio, the Nav system, or any of the apps that I have noticed. Any suggestions? Thanks.

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

mynameisante

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Unpair all devices from the radio, reset the radio to factory settings, then try again

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

sac2dude

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem with my 2018 UConnect... :-(

kidmandudebro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Uconnect is terrible! I have had nothing but issues with pairing my android & sirius.

I cant wait to dump my Stereo! POS imho.

I got all my speakers so far, just waiting to decide on a head unit. Then its all coming out!

POINTMAN380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2018 2500 as a personal truck. Tradesman model, base model stereo, and I always have to reconnect by going into the radio menu settings.
But on my 2018 1500 work truck, it has the next step up from the base model with the smaller touch screen and it will immediately connect with my phone upon startup. I have been able to figger it out either

OP
OP
1stindoor

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I haven't had a "fix" yet. I've unpaired and repaired...and that helped for awhile. But I would say it still happens about 25% of the time. I gave up trying to fix it and attributed it to UConnect being less than an ideal connection platform.

Rock$tar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
my 2018 Ram 2500 with 8.4 Uconnect does same thing. Randomly when i turn off the truck it will delete all paired devices and i need to repair my phone next time i start the truck. Its extremely annoying. Sometimes I cna go a month, other times it will happen every couple key cycles.

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine did the same thing until I had the whole thing replaced due to the screen delaminating........now it pairs every time I get in my truck???