plasti dip question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Was curious wanted to paint my radiator hoses red with plasti dip thoughts.

Also i have red wire looms that have faded was curious if you think spray paint and clear coat would hold up on them wanted to paint them the metallic red like everything else under my hood once in place they wont flex or move

nzornes44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
you would be better off plasti dipping the wire looms for the flexibility, i just plasti dipped my rims and love it, but the radiator hose gets pretty warm, do you havea can of plasti dip readily availible? i know it should have a temp rating on it. take what your coolant normally runs 180-210 and subtract about 20 degrees thats about the temp of your hose.

CrazyBen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
you would be better off plasti dipping the wire looms for the flexibility, i just plasti dipped my rims and love it, but the radiator hose gets pretty warm, do you havea can of plasti dip readily availible? i know it should have a temp rating on it. take what your coolant normally runs 180-210 and subtract about 20 degrees thats about the temp of your hose.

I can't believe that the radiator hose would get that much warmer than the exhaust tips that seem to be holding up. I would more question the plastidip sticking to the rubber hose. Also if you have ever used any kind of silicon spray under the hood of your truck good luck with the fisheyes.

nzornes44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
crazyben, never knew it would even stand up to exhaust tip temps, learn somthing everyday :) but your definitly right shouldnt be any hotter.

but hey blackout its plasti dip never hurts to try, the great thing about the stuff is if it doesnt work then peel it off :)

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I don't see how it could hurt to try it at least. I don't honestly think it would come off because of heat but you can't know until you try.

OP
OP
blackout11

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ya thats why i asked cause i know a few have done there tips and as far as fish eyes lol im not a newbie i know how to clean stuff real good and ya i have 6 cans of black and 2 cans of red. Every day they just look at me and say use me .

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
lol man, you know the deal with plasti dip.....Just do it, if it doesn't look good or doesn't work...peel the **** off. No harm done.

cwakefld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dipped my exhaust tip about a week ago and so far, so good. And that is after several trips to town.(30 miles)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nzornes44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm thinking that the government will ban plasti dip in the near future, its an addiciton lol. I pass mine everyday in the garage and then i spend the next few hours thinking of what i could dip. theres a new group for us to make "PDA (Plasti Dips Annonymous) :)

shostopper17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
do it plasti dip has lasted on my exhaust tips and those tips gets hot hot hot so your hoses should be good