Please Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blandrum82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 1998 dodge ram with a 5.2 liter engine, I have recently done a ton of updates to this thing and now I have a problem and could use some help. I have only owned the truck for about a month and so far have replaced all shocks with rancho 5000's, added a two inch suspension lift, 315/75/16 tires, replaced upper and lower ball joints, replaced sway bar end links and bushings, new rotors, calipers, front and rear brakes, new u-joints on the front axle, new wheel bearings, rear differential fluid replaced along with gasket, plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor. Here is where I have the problem...swapped the cap and rotor and since the motor is running fine on idle but rough when given gas like a sputter or backfire. I have checked the firing order making sure wire by wire at least ten times to make sure that wasnt the problem. If anyone has any ideas on what I could have done wrong or what the problem could be the help would be greatly appreciated.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check and make sure the cap is on right I haven't replaced mine yet but on my 88 samurai the cap could go either way you may have the cap switched up, try flipping it around otherwise it may be your tps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

blandrum82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ended up being a broken rotor ... got it all fixed had to reset top dead center but got it all squared up, thanks for the advice !