Post up what tonneau cover you are using?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
I have an undercover flex, I like the look and functionality of it. I am on my second one as the first one was replaced under warranty do to paint fade after two years.

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed a Access Roll-up tonneau on my 07 Ram, and when I traded it in for the 16 Rebel it looked like the day I put it on 10 years ago. I purchased the Mopar try-fold cover with the Rebel, and after I got it home, I noticed it was a piece of crap. So when I picked up the 17 Sport, I ordered another Access Roll-up tonneau for it, and could not be happier. It rolls up out of the way, water does not get in the bed, and it is tight as a drum, not like the loose OEM cover.

Which access cover is it, original/limited ?

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an undercover flex, I like the look and functionality of it. I am on my second one as the first one was replaced under warranty do to paint fade after two years.

One of the reasons I was leaning toward undercover. 3 yr warranty for flex and 5 yr for ultra

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just installed a Gator MX electric on my Ram. It's the powder coated aluminum matte finish version. The bed is actually more secure now than the cab! It's really strong and can hold a 500 lb load. Hail doesn't worry me. We get it quite frequently up here. If it was large enough to actually damage the cover, unlikely, the rest of the truck would be destroyed. It's much stronger than the body. I really like it so far, and I think it looks great! They revised it between ordering and shipping. The canister installs flat now instead of sticking up an inch or so as the website shows.

Cons -

Price: It's one of the more expensive I found.

Weight: About 90-100 lbs. It takes two to lift it on the bed.

Break-in: They claim 48 hours for the seals to break-in. Until then you have to help it along when closing. Took more like a week for mine, but it did start working on it's own.

Built-in light: Works fine, but I think they should've put one on each side. Still with the stock bed lights, it still illuminates things quite well.

Here's the latest pic:

GatorCover.jpg

There are more pics here:

Ram Gallery

wink

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just installed a Gator MX electric on my Ram. It's the powder coated aluminum matte finish version. The bed is actually more secure now than the cab! It's really strong and can hold a 500 lb load. Hail doesn't worry me. We get it quite frequently up here. If it was large enough to actually damage the cover, unlikely, the rest of the truck would be destroyed. It's much stronger than the body. I really like it so far, and I think it looks great! They revised it between ordering and shipping. The canister installs flat now instead of sticking up an inch or so as the website shows.

Cons -

Price: It's one of the more expensive I found.

Weight: About 90-100 lbs. It takes two to lift it on the bed.

Break-in: They claim 48 hours for the seals to break-in. Until then you have to help it along when closing. Took more like a week for mine, but it did start working on it's own.

Built-in light: Works fine, but I think they should've put one on each side. Still with the stock bed lights, it still illuminates things quite well.

Here's the latest pic:

GatorCover.jpg

There are more pics here:

Ram Gallery

wink

Looks sick ! Thanks for the elaborate info

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks sick ! Thanks for the elaborate info

Any time!

One other thing that might be a problem during break-in. I was trying to accelerate the process, so I kept running it back and forth. If the engine isn't running, it will drain the battery a bit if you keep it up long enough. Probably something most won't do, except maybe during break-in. I just put my battery charger on it and it wasn't an issue. Can't see it being an issue in normal use.

wink

Jb7054

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the bakflip. It allows for full bed access but I've discovered that if you drive with it only partially opened the wind will catch the panels. It keeps water out very well.

Rebelrouser

Reaction score
Ram Year
'22 Ram 1500 GT
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought the Mopar canvas Tri-Fold cover. Looks and fits awesome!! Well worth the money I think. I've also installed molded mudflaps, EGR Smoked vent shades- in channel fit, blackened out the chrome slats on my grille, MOPAR Hoop steps. , black Hood deflector. These are just the start for my new Sublime Green Ram. More to come......

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a Leer Fiberglass tonneau cover:
Pro's--Looks good when color matched
Secure
Water proof
Well Made

Cons:--Cost
Can't haul anything over 24" tall
Heavy--takes at least 2 people to take off and re-install

Jay

Attachments

• DSCN1097.jpg
    DSCN1097.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCN1103.jpg
    DSCN1103.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN1104.jpg
    DSCN1104.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 79
OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a Leer Fiberglass tonneau cover:
Pro's--Looks good when color matched
Secure
Water proof
Well Made

Cons:--Cost
Can't haul anything over 24" tall
Heavy--takes at least 2 people to take off and re-install

Jay

Sick man a paintable tonneau is what I have been leaning towards !

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks great-----functional-not so much. Does look good with a bed rug, it matches the carpet on the bottom side of the tonneau.
Jay

Smokey613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got a retrax pro mx installed yesterday

We had the same thing installed when we purchased our new 2014 Laramie 1500. It does take up some space in the bed but we really like it.

deltaboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 Hemi 5.7L
Extang Solid Fold 2.0

No complaints so far. Need a year under my belt to offer a fair opinion tho.

bb83589c6ad5d98261358364c34d743a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The DodgeFather

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Extang Solid Fold 2.0

No complaints so far. Need a year under my belt to offer a fair opinion tho.

bb83589c6ad5d98261358364c34d743a.jpg

If you ever decide to debadge those ugly ;) ********* letters I'm accepting donations for my 2012 . My offers stands with anybody [emoji16]

insanitize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since I don't see it mentioned, I run a Pace Edwards Switchblade. I bought it used 3 years ago and other than it fading since I got it (I haven't treated it it well) it works great. It does take up a little room in the bed but hasn't stopped me from doing anything I needed to do.

lw13ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6l
I had a undercover flex, but I could never get it to stop leaking no matter how much I adjusted it. I switched to an undercover se and love it.

Attachments

• IMG_20170723_180056988_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170723_180056988_HDR.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 86

kartak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a Diamondback. They work great and are pretty unique. Very solid. I get questions about it all the time

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for all the input guys. I pulled the trigger on an undercover ultra flex today. Gonna let the seals settle with the heat before posting pics. It looks sick! Will post pics soon