Post up what tonneau cover you are using?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
bakflip fibermax here. there was already pics of it posted so no need to show the same thing

gustheram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Just installed a Bak Revolver X2. Install was easy, took me an hour including cleaning the bed. I had an extra set of hands to lift the cover in place cuz that sucker is pretty heavy. Mine does leak a little on the driver side at the front wall and by the tailgate. That was the first day I installed though so I'll check it again now that the seals have had a chance to settle. If it does leak, I will try to adjust the rail and if all else fails, a little black silicone will seal up the gaps no problem. Shout out to our vendor Morrie from Tonneau Factory Outlet for a great price. Took almost 2 weeks to arrive after I ordered but shipping was free and the price was great so I can't complain about that. After I've had a chance to wash the truck I'll throw up some pics.

lakingslayer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I put the Fold-a-cover hard folding Tonneau cover on this truck. I had one on my 2004 Silverado HD and it was just starting to show some wear when I sold it in 2013. The only issue I have with it is the latch at the tailgate is a loop type and sticks up a bit on the tailgate which makes it a little tricky when dragging 90lb bags of concrete out of the back. Otherwise I love the cover. This loop is to help lock the tailgate if you didn't have a tailgate lock.

Xoted

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i got the $250 american tonneau cover

if anyone is curious...
it works fine, keeps the water out. it's light and easy to take on/off by yourself.

but is nothing remarkable looks wise. it flaps hard core while driving.

definitely not for a stylish person. i'll get a nicer one when this one wears out.

Zoodles95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram 5.7
Great topic!

I have an Extang Trifecta 2.0

20170731_143736%5B1%5D-L.jpg

I looked at the velcro type of soft covers and went with this trifold. Was about $100 more CDN $ than some of the velcro style ones I looked at but felt it was worth spending more $. It always looks the same and I don't have to worry about adjusting tension etc. It really is a 2 position cover.

Either it is closed:
20170731_193022%5B1%5D-L.jpg

Or you can open it two thirds and it clips onto the clips at the cab:
20170731_193121%5B1%5D-L.jpg

Of course you can fold once or twice depending on what you want to put into the bed:
20170731_193054%5B1%5D-L.jpg
20170731_193105%5B1%5D-L.jpg
20170731_193121%5B1%5D-L.jpg

In a pinch you could remove the thing and put it into the bed if you really needed the full bed.

Pros:
-While not cheap it offers good value for money. The tarp is replaceable as are many of the other components. If the tarp got damaged it is replaceable whereas some other covers may not work that way.

-Light; and can be installed or uninstalled in a few minutes.

-One piece unit so no external fasteners or clips. One complete unit.

-Very water resistant. So far I have not gotten any water into the bed and we have had a crazy amount of rain here lately.

-Easy to install and use (latch and unlatch).

Cons:

-Cover is not exactly flush with the bed. I don't mind this but because my truck is a dark color it blends in well. Perhaps if I had a lighter colored truck it would bug me.
20170731_193022%5B1%5D-L.jpg

-Being a soft cover theft is an issue since anything sharp can pierce the unit. For me I just carry a couple of bins with my jack, battery booster cables, fluids, etc.

-Not the cheapest soft cover out there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca