Power locks/windows DiY!

Discussion in 'Interior' started by The War Wagon, Jul 25, 2015.

1. The War Wagon

The War Wagon Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    318 Magnum
    If you've got a Gen.1 - especially a LATE Gen.1 - you know how that power locks/windows control starts to "wander" around your door panel. :emotions34: I was at the local hardware story the other day, and "found" the solution - conduit bracing!

Size 12 (? - there's a "12" stamped in it - or maybe, 1/2" [​IMG]), and you need to bend the flange back a bit, to make it fit fit flush to the door. Some Dorman doorpanel screws, and - Voila - it hooks over the edge of the plastic, holds it FIRMLY in place, and it's easily loosened, if you NEED to get the door panel off again. The end that slides over the plastic doesn't screw in, or otherwise mar your controls, and it's in there firmer than when it was NEW! :favorites13:

[​IMG]

No wires or controls behind it (1/2" screws utilized) - no interference with the window, and you're GTG! ta da.

ferdamshur likes this.
  2. Blue Chaos

Blue Chaos Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    LA 318
    I could care less about power windows but I wish I had power locks lol

3. crazzywolfie

crazzywolfie Senior Member

Ram Year:
    81 93
    Engine:
    well it is really not too hard to add power locks if you wanted them. all you need to do is add some door lock actuators and wire them in. the only difficult stuff would be the wiring to make them work. there should be a spot on the door latch mechanism to hook the actuators to. i am planning on adding power door locks to my 93 when i ad the remote start.