Power window crazy problem... need help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2016 Big Horn, the drivers power window was working fine and go down and up properly till one day the window would go down when pushed and then stop after going about 3 to 4 inches, I can push again it it does the same thing, same with going up, all other windows work fine. I tried the relearn of down and hold and up and hold for the one touch and that did not solve problem. The problem happens if I use the one touch or hold the switch. I removed the motor and ran it to rule out regulator binding and it did the same thing. I'm thinking it's the door module but don't want to spend money on that if it won't fix the problem. Has anyone had this problem and what was the fix.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a 2016 Big Horn, the drivers power window was working fine and go down and up properly till one day the window would go down when pushed and then stop after going about 3 to 4 inches, I can push again it it does the same thing, same with going up, all other windows work fine. I tried the relearn of down and hold and up and hold for the one touch and that did not solve problem. The problem happens if I use the one touch or hold the switch. I removed the motor and ran it to rule out regulator binding and it did the same thing. I'm thinking it's the door module but don't want to spend money on that if it won't fix the problem. Has anyone had this problem and what was the fix.
Are you saying it freezes when going up?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Tom24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@SitKneelBend when using the window I push the switch for down and the window will go about 3 inches and then stop, I push and hold switch and it will go down 3 inches then stop. I have to keep repeating this to get window all the way down and have to do the same thing to get the window up.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Re set the regulator

Hold the up button and get the window all the way up but do not release the up button when its fully closed. Keep holding the up button for a solid five seconds and then let go.

They see if its fixed.

When the window is rolled all the way up and you continue to hold the button for five seconds or more it’s supposed to reset it. I have issues with the auto up and down working. Resetting it fixes the problem. I think a lot of it is from rolling your windows up and down when going over bumps and the sensors on the window regulators start to freak out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hi @Tom24, we can definitely understand how this would be frustrating. While we understand that you are reaching out to your fellow forum members for support, we recommend a proper dealer diagnosis in order to determine the root cause of your window concerns. Feel free to send us a private message for support if needed!

Kathryn
Ram Cares

Livinalittle

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport, 6 speed, 4x4, 3.92
Engine
5.7L Hemi
+1 on resetting the regulator. My daughter decided to roll the window up on her stuffy one time (that's a separate issue in itself) and I had the same problem after. Quick reset and it was good to go.

Last edited:

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
+1 on resetting the regulator. My daughter decided to roll the window up on her stuffy one time (that's a separate issue in itself) and I had the same issue after. Quick reset and it was good to go.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Hope you dont have any pets[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Hope you dont have any pets[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

It stops and retracts for pets, my dog likes to roll himself up occasionally...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Tom24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Re set the regulator

Hold the up button and get the window all the way up but do not release the up button when its fully closed. Keep holding the up button for a solid five seconds and then let go.

They see if its fixed.

When the window is rolled all the way up and you continue to hold the button for five seconds or more it’s supposed to reset it. I have issues with the auto up and down working. Resetting it fixes the problem. I think a lot of it is from rolling your windows up and down when going over bumps and the sensors on the window regulators start to freak out.

I did the reset and still have the problem, any other thoughts?

Reactions: U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI

Stop rolling the window up and down. Wont do it anymore then....[emoji16]

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It sounds like it could be your door module. Ot could also be the switch but I would think it's unlikely. I have several doir modules and switches left over from doing power folding mirror upgrades and I would be happy to send you one to try but we are in the process of having a house built and they are packed away somewhere and I have no idea where they are until I unpack everything. Maybe someone who has a spare will chime in and send it to you to test. If you have the Alfa tool you can use it to check for DTC codes to see if any are present. At least this way you won't just be throwing parts at it.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Tom24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Rick, I have power folding mirrors, the module I need is 68225103AC. I have been checking the system and can hear and feel the module click for the auto down then click off after window travels 3-4 inches so the switch is not in play as the auto down function starts so I believe it is the module.

OP
OP
T

Tom24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
UPDATE .... I took the window motor from the left door and plugged it into harness on right door and used the right door switch and module and the motor just freewheeling did the same thing. I purchased a new left window motor and it fixed the problem. I was surprised that it was the problem, I can only guess it was the circuit board in the motor causing the problem. I hope this helps anyone with the same problem. Thanks for all the help.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had an issue similar to this on my 2017 Laramie. I saw on forum awhile back that seems to work for my issue, may work for others. Press window button up until you hear it click twice(you can hear it if it's quiet), then down all the way until it clicks twice, repeat. Has never failed me.

OP
OP
T

Tom24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had an issue similar to this on my 2017 Laramie. I saw on forum awhile back that seems to work for my issue, may work for others. Press window button up until you hear it click twice(you can hear it if it's quiet), then down all the way until it clicks twice, repeat. Has never failed me.

I tried doing the window auto down/up reset and that didn't work for my problem.