Question on adding this lift with my spacer. [Adding the 7" Maxtrac Lift]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So right now I'm sitting with only a 2" coil spacer on my 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2WD, I was shopping online and looking at lift kits because I'm wanting it higher. I was going to go with the 4.5" lift from Maxtrac but decided to hell with it, might as well pay $150 more and just get the 7" lift. So I have this question now, what exactly do I need to add with this lift kit to achieve a leveled look? As I already have the 2" coil spacer on the truck. It's been kind of a battle with this truck, as I've been building it up from being lowered on 32's, with 24" wheels lol.

EDIT: Here's the lift, https://maxtracstore.com/2009-2017-...-7-lift-kit-w-maxtrac-shocks-maxtrac-k882471/

Also, this may be a stupid question, but can I RE-USE my stock coil spacers after already removing them?​

Last edited:
OP
OP
Orion

Orion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Bump.. Any help is appreciated!

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would just use the stuff that comes in the kit. It already comes with lift springs and spindles.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
You're going to remove your 2" spacer and you will need your factory coil spring isolators. From there the kit comes complete with everything you need its a 4.5" spindle w/ brakelines & 2.5" lift coils w/ shocks up front. The rear comes with a 3" rear lift coil, 1.5" rear lift spacer for a total of 4.5" along with trac bar relocation bracket, sway bar brackets & longer rear shocks. All said and done you will be 7" in the front and 4.5" in the rear which SHOULD leave the truck sitting dead level. In some rare case that your truck has more than 2.5" of rake let's say 3" then you will be sitting 1/2" rear low but I have yet to see that on the 09+ models. If your truck came with less than 2.5" of rake let's say 2" or 1.5" then you will be sitting 1/2" to 1" rear tall. BUT TYPICALLY these trucks come with about 2.5" of rake from the factory so when you go up 7" front and 4.5" rear they will sit level. I hope that helps and makes sense

OP
OP
Orion

Orion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks for the help guys!