Ram 1500 6” lift new struts question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mvansciver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2012 1500 with a 6” zone lift kit with 35x13.5x20 toyo rt’s. I just replaced the lower control arms with moog arms that have new balljoint and bushings pre installed. I also am replacing my stock strut that has the lift spacer on it with rough country n3 pre loaded struts for a 6” lift. Does anybody know if these struts work with oem lower control arms because when i went to bolt up the strut to the control arm i had to flex it inward towards the truck to get it to seat around the lower control arm bushing. Will this cause the strut to fail sooner because of the inward flex or will it straighten out when i put the truck back on the ground when the suspension is loaded?

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7L Hemi
with your lower control arms, when you installed them, did you leave the bolts loose and then try to hook up the strut to the lower control arm?

OP
OP
Mvansciver

Mvansciver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes they were loose enough for me to be able to adjust the camber/caster bolt which i did to make the lower control arm come out further away from the truck to get the strut attached easier.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I think the strut spacer took away some of the play. Having to flex it a bit to get it to attach to the lower control arm seem normal to me. I bought the exact same lower control arms when I installed my lift kit. I had 6in coil over shocks and didn't have to use a strut spacer, but I still have to flex some to attach my lower control arms!. I hope this helps.

Jesse farias

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I had the same thing happen when I installed my struts on stock lowers . In 4 months I had a strut leak on my driver side, I did a warranty on em and so far so good . I don’t think the leak was because of that, I linked the leak to all the off-roading I’ve been doing and a possible defected seal .