Ram 2500 hemi engine mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gingie426

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just to clear the air so to speak because i had a hard time finding stuff on the 2500's with hemis, ive had my '12 ram 2500 for about 9 months and ive finally started to do some work on it. First thing i did when i got the truck was was replace the muffler with straight pipe leaving the resignator and cat in place, the sound is awsome at idle and at high rpms has a nice brap. Recently i got the diablosport i2 programmer, and man did that wake it up. I did a moes performance 87mm tb and a vararam intake last night and hot damn is this a fast truck now with the custom hemifever tune.

First off i wanna say dealing with moes i had exceptional service and the parts came quick. As was the reply with hemifever on the custom tuning. And their throttle body gave amazing response at city type driving. The tune makes the shifts so much nicer too and shifting at 6000rpm you really feel the power.

Now onto the vararam intake. First thing i noticed was a lot more engine noise, which for me was awsome. I was unimpressed however with the plastic construction though. It seemed kinda cheap to me and im having a hard time getting it to sit straight on the engine. Ill update when i go back to work and make brackets for it to hold it in place better.

All in all i most definately do not regret any of these mods nor dealing with moes performance. Amazing customer service. All together they seem to really compliment eachother nicely. Its like driving a whole new truck. If anyone was skeptic on what to do to their hemi trucks i hope this review helps. It was money well spent for sure. Only problem i have now is i need bigger tires and a lift 265 75 17s aint worth a damn even being gentle on dry pavement. Any suggestions there would be great!

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
Is there a specific kit you found to delete the muffler or did you have a shop bend you a piece to fit?

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Inakes are good for sound and that is it. You have a MAP sensor so your computer adjusts for the extra air. so, in reality you've purchased a cold air sound enhancer ;)

Moe's is great. My 2500 (Hemi One) loved the Y pipe from Magnaflow. Really allowed the flow to increase and I was less into the throttle at highway speeds.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Congrats on the mods. You certainly picked the right ones.

So do you want to raise the truck all the way around or just level the front end? The reason I ask is that you don't need to lift the truck to put 35's on a 2500.

OP
OP
G

Gingie426

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@MANual_puller i just cut out the muffler and put in straight pipe.
@MADDOG i really just wanna give it a more aggressive look. im leaning more towards a smaller lift though. 5 inch and more just seems way too big

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'd level it then and go with 35's. Here's a 2014 2500 Hemi powered Ram with a 2" level, 18x9 wheels and 35x12.50x18 tires:

052516%20Cedar%20Ram%2002_zps7vguppv3.jpg

Oh...it's got a couple of other mods but you get the idea.