RAM Cares is a Farce! Denied Assistance with DRLs!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I get that, (I have all manner of lighting options), but as a safety rather than a "coolness" feature, I'm going with my headlights 10/10 times.

Reactions: JB1

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I get that, (I have all manner of lighting options), but as a safety rather than a "coolness" feature, I'm going with my headlights 10/10 times.

Some auto insurance companies give a discount for having DRL. I'm sure if you have a vehicle that traditionally doesn't come with them from the factory, you may have to demonstrate functionality.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I'm surprised that people will drop $200 for that genie module to turn on JUST the drl's.

100% this right here, i can make my own DRL circuit much cheaper and then its actually reversible, $200 for a feature like that is completely unreasonable

OP
OP
Razzman

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So i found another dealer says he can do it, yay! Wait a minute, also out in the sticks and he wants $135! smh

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
As much as I hate to say it, sounds like you've spent more than $200 just dickin' around trying to get it done! Buy the damn genie thing and call it a day!

homeguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
DRL here in Canada are law. Even if you buy a car from the USA [emoji631] it needs to have DRL’s or you won’t get a safety and you can get insurance. When I’m by my dealer I’ll ask if they know a procedure on how to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They had 20% off for Black Friday, maybe they’ll have another sale

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We can put a space ship into orbit and land its rocket boosters together at the exact same time, but we can't get DRLs working without 82 dealers and a writ.

:)

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If it were me, I would drive the ,100 miles or so and be done with it.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
As a Canuck I want the damn DRL's off,lol

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As a Canuck I want the damn DRL's off,lol
Maybe it’s been said before but I’m too lazy to go thru the whole feed.... but is there a fuse for drls? Could just pull the fuse like I I do in my Honda ... but knowing ram and it’s super sensitive canbus system it’s probably all computer controlled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Cool idea but some of those genies are $$. Dunno what the dealer would charge comparatively for the ones Genie has shipping. Wonder if these guys are getting sued by FCA (GM and Ford too) for rights infringement. They may have cracked the code on ODBII flashing, but it seems iffy.

I am not trying to rain on the parade here, I like the idea!

There is no grounds for a lawsuit for writing to the modules of a truck you already own lol.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
There is no grounds for a lawsuit for writing to the modules of a truck you already own lol.

I am talking about a company doing this and then selling the intellectual capital, not buying the modules and applying the code. Again, the service (and product) is cool, it just appears to be an infringement (to me) for Genie to do this.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I am talking about a company doing this and then selling the intellectual capital, not buying the modules and applying the code. Again, the service (and product) is cool, it just appears to be an infringement (to me) for Genie to do this.

I designed and coded most of the Genies for Chrysler products, no IP infringement whatsoever.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Hey works for me, Curly. Retrieving and Diagnosing troublecodes, I get. Salescodes is what has me scratching my head. Like I said, it's a killer product. NO ONE likes dealing with the Service Manager for a sales code.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Hey works for me, Curly. Retrieving and Diagnosing troublecodes, I get. Salescodes is what has me scratching my head. Like I said, it's a killer product. NO ONE likes dealing with the Service Manager for a sales code.

Adding salescodes is just talking to the BCM over the canbus. Its just a matter of knowing how, and what to say to the BCM.

Purodude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is my understanding that this is "standard" on vehicles that are sold in Canada. If this correct maybe one of the members who lives up there might find out from a dealer up there what the process is to get these turned on. I have found that there are certain things that the local dealer can not program or change. These certain things(whatever they may be)need to be changed by the "regional office". They are the only ones that have the authority to make certain changes. The local dealer has no idea of how to do it. I had a situation like that and had to supply my vin and the code I wanted changed to my local service manager and he had to call the regional office. The whole process took about an hour. Because of my relationship with the service manager I wasn't charged for the change at the dealer level.
Jay
It’s actually the law in Canada to have Daytime running lights. All vehicles sold in Canada must have Daytime running lights turned on. Although it not always the head lights. Rams with the projectors have the park lights on. While rams with the quad lights have dimmed high beams. It’s worth mentioning that if you were to import a dodge ram from the US into Canada you would have to get the daytime running lights activated to pass inspection. So if you are ever up north stop by a local Canadian dealer they should be able help.

Purodude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe it’s been said before but I’m too lazy to go thru the whole feed.... but is there a fuse for drls? Could just pull the fuse like I I do in my Honda ... but knowing ram and it’s super sensitive canbus system it’s probably all computer controlled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I install projectors in my 2012 Sport. I to hated the daytime running lights so I just unplugged the highbeams. no more daytime running lights. since I live in the city never use highbeams anyway