RAM Cares is a Farce! Denied Assistance with DRLs!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I took my truck to the dealer a few days ago for an oil change and other small misc stuff and gave him the sheet provided on the forum and the service manager said no problem we will get it done. Called me later to tell me its $140.00 and theres no way around it. He said he asked but that's how Chrysler is making them do it. Based on reading the info here from people getting for $0-$150, something tells me that's not 'regulation' as I was told. I just told him no problem nevermind and ordered a set of Husky Weatherbeaters instead of spending on that hah

Last edited:

Dmopar74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just buy the aev procal and do it in your driveway.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I notice on my commute I never see any Rams with DRL's, maybe the dealers don't know how to activate them simply due to a local lack of interest :hmm:

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I gotta ask, at this point why not just save your time money and sanity and turn on your headlights whenever you drive?

Personally I hate DRLs... but I always have blacked out vehicles. My car before the truck had them and I made them disable them before I signed the paperwork.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't see anywhere on their product that it can activate/deactivate DRL's.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah, not impressed with those guys, sent an email and couldn't answer the question....

Dmopar74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I don't see anywhere on their product that it can activate/deactivate DRL's.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thought I read somewhere it did it

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Back to the original point of this thread... Ramcares isn't present to resolve any issues, especially the whims of owners. Ramcares exists to monitor social media and facilitate getting people with problems in touch with agencies that can help them get resolution, (again, RAM/FCA isn't going to see the lack of daytime running lights as an "issue" when they aren't required by law).

Think of Ramcares as a way for people to connect to RAM corporate from social media.

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Back to the original point of this thread... Ramcares isn't present to resolve any issues, especially the whims of owners. Ramcares exists to monitor social media and facilitate getting people with problems in touch with agencies that can help them get resolution, (again, RAM/FCA isn't going to see the lack of daytime running lights as an "issue" when they aren't required by law).

Think of Ramcares as a way for people to connect to RAM corporate from social media.

But, for those that want them you would think that RAM/FCA would make it easier to do and to satisfy and promote keeping customers loyal to the brand.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
But, for those that want them you would think that RAM/FCA would make it easier to do and to satisfy and promote keeping customers loyal to the brand.

Not necessarily, especially for this articular issue... would you REALLY not buy a new RAM because you were unable to have the daytime running lights activated? Ford, GM, Toyota... they will all be the same. There won't be DRL's unless they are mandated somehow. All the new cars have the auto-headlights that come on with the ignition in any case, negating the need for "DRLs" .

Hell, even just in this thread, the majority of public opinion seems to be "suck-it-up" and find another option. Customer base seems mostly happy to me.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used to hate DRL’s too when it was the headlight bulb, but on the projectors it’s the amber LED strip at full brightness so to me they look great.

I would almost bet the 2019's will have the LED DRL's, just like F-150's, Silverado, Tundra and Titan

HandyAndy09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
You could buy a truck in Canada---:naughty:
Jay

You can, but you won’t be able to register it outside of Canada

bdab5fd09d9ebf2691af388bad0e81ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I didn't realize that you couldn't title it out of the country---WOW
Jay

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think you can title it, but the warranty definitely will not apply.

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used to hate DRL’s too when it was the headlight bulb, but on the projectors it’s the amber LED strip at full brightness so to me they look great.

I would almost bet the 2019's will have the LED DRL's, just like F-150's, Silverado, Tundra and Titan

LOL...yeah. They are all starting to even look the same...

Summit1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I gotta ask, at this point why not just save your time money and sanity and turn on your headlights whenever you drive?...
Exactly... the "IBM (It's Better Manually) Method", and it works every time it's tried.

The help line peeps employed by FCA will not verbally trash any dealer to a customer. It's not a matter of "siding with anybody; it's just business.

I am wondering how much actual demand among US (Ram) customers there is. Maybe it is not standard because an insufficient number of people want it. Is there a possibility they have other reasons for not making it standard. Bear in mind also that not everybody likes nor wants DRL's of any sort, and that, while claimed to save lives, those are only claims that cannot be substantiated. I still recall, back from my days in EVOC, that often the more lights there are, the more distracted people become... often to the point of misjudging distance as well. Many drivers have become so accustomed to seeing some sort of DRL's that they have become accustomed to them, often to the point of ignoring them. Two (or more sides to every story, and all that...

Davidkjs1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In Canada DRLs are the law. Vehicles here can't be sold without. If only dodge could build a vehicle that can handle our winters

Railhead_Ed

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Traded for 2016 Chevy Silverado
Engine
5.7 Hemi/ 5.3 L83
Here's what I did with my 2009 1500 Laramie QC. I start the truck and turn the head lights on every time I drive. Simple.

OzCop

Reaction score
Highland Village, TX...north of Dallas about 28 mi
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie Ecodiesel
Engine
Ecodiesel
It would appear that this module does what you want it to do. I have not looked to see how much would be added to the sticker price to have this running light option, but 200 dollars beats hell out of beating your head against a wall with dealers...

Thanks Chrisbh17, I may order one of these for my own 2017 Laramie...