RAMCARES, any update on full screen Android Auto?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't see what's so special about wireless AA/CP. Especially if the vehicle doesn't also have wireless charging. And wireless charging sucks even if it does have it. Too thick a case? Doesn't work. Not aligned perfectly, doesn't work. Even when it does work it's slow and creates a ton of heat.
I used to think the same thing but I have a hell of a time keeping a phone that's charging ports and/or cables work consistently and since I was mostly only plugging in for AA and not to charge adding a wireless dongle has saved me a lot of headache and finally gave me an idea to ask my wife for for Christmas. Once you have it, it's pretty handy (but it can be annoying when there is more than one device paired wirelessly).

g00fy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Wireless AA became standard with the UC5 modules which came out with the 22+ trucks.

slackerz

Reaction score
It amazes me they haven't fixed or updated this yet, probably will never see it now. I was hoping for an OTA update, but been disappointed for almost a year now. It appears Ram doesn't care what owners are asking for.

skates15

Reaction score
I just started messing with AA and I like it, but definitely needs full screen, otherwise I will likely not use it.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
They'll screw us over like they did with the 8.4. You can get the updated version of UConnect in the new 2025 Ram.