RamForum Exhaust 4th Gen Clips and Vids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtleg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it has a belltech 2/4 with street performance shocks, hellwig rear sway bar, 22's and 305/40 proxes 2. ride is pretty good. i actually got the truck brand new from the dealer already lowered and on 22's so i dont know how a stock one rides. i added the sway bar. if you dont have a hellwig rear sway bar and have rear end wiggle it is a huge improvement.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
2 Old Fat Thumbs Up!
The Carven Sound is Amazing-->Especially those on Hemis!

The side exhaust exit and tips look kewl as He!!

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are some of the solutions people have done to deal with MDS drone? My long tube headers and MBRP cat back have created a monster...I added in a aftermarket Vibrant resonator which tamed the high frequencies. I didn't expect it to eliminate the bass as I understand how bass sound waves work. With my knowledge in that I am actually not hopeful to eliminate the MDS drone lol. Sound dampening material may help but only a tad as bass is best eliminated with less dense but thicker insulation. Or heavy mass but no one is pouring concrete into there back seat!

Basically it's (exhaust in general) loud as hell and I can deal with that. Sounds best when I hammer it and she sings like a souped up Hemi. But my number one unfavorite part of my truck has become when it kicks into eco mode and suddenly it sounds like I have a ****** running big block mixed with a stealth helicopter and a train. In other words it sounds like crap and I wish it didn't.

Last edited:

Rammitman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What are some of the solutions people have done to deal with MDS drone? My long tube headers and MBRP cat back have created a monster...I added in a aftermarket Vibrant resonator which tamed the high frequencies. I didn't expect it to eliminate the bass as I understand how bass sound waves work. With my knowledge in that I am actually not hopeful to eliminate the MDS drone lol. Sound dampening material may help but only a tad as bass is best eliminated with less dense but thicker insulation. Or heavy mass but no one is pouring concrete into there back seat!

Basically it's (exhaust in general) loud as hell and I can deal with that. Sounds best when I hammer it and she sings like a souped up Hemi. But my number one unfavorite part of my truck has become when it kicks into eco mode and suddenly it sounds like I have a ****** running big block mixed with a stealth helicopter and a train. In other words it sounds like crap and I wish it didn't.

Sounds like you've done everything except get a programmer and turn mds off. I wonder if a dealer would do it for you?

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Hope this helps!! :happy107:
https://youtu.be/XXvIAy6YmfQ

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is my vid :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRwH3KcP5qo

In this vid he mentions if you have any spark plugs not running optimal the effect it could have on the MDS sounding like crap. I dont think I have any spark plugs running like crap or I would have heard about it from Hemifever when sending my data log back I am pretty sure, suppose I should ask. I did order 16 OEM NKGs in anticipation of buying the truck used at 65k miles. It was very well maintained so I imagine there has been a plug change.

Any it looks very easy for me to turn off. I think the noise for me comes from the fact the ENTIRE exhaust is WIDE open with long tube headers, Y-pipe, high flow cats, straight through MBRP cat back design. I had to add a resonator in after the Y-pipe it was so loud! Still loud in bass frequencies, just not the higher frequencies which is nice at mild acceleration. WOT I miss it :)

Rammitman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm thinking about going with the flowmaster 50 muffler replacement thing. Can't remember what they call it but you basically cut your muffler off and bolt this one on. I'd like to go full header back exhaust but there's only one muffler business here and they are 100% useless.

I need a car lift badly....

I had a flow on my 03 4.7l and turned down at the back of the cab. Best sounding truck I ever heard. Truck developed a rattle and I changed to a magnaflow and I was sick of it. Turns out the rattle was in the cat and I had it cut off. It popped and burped like crazy. I hated it even worse.

BLS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport - Blue Streak
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No Mufflers
No Resonators
Headers Into Mag Y, 3" Back into Mag Y, Duals Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6XFTQAQxRw

Can I ask, do you get drone when MDS is on with this setup?

If you wish to daily drive it, is it obnoxiously loud?

Can you elaborate on the parts you need to do this? I'm a newbie to modding for this truck. Your truck sounds so freakin bad ass, I'd love to have that sound; but I also have to be able to drive it to work, etc.

Any input or parts I would need to do this would be much appreciated.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank