RamForum Exhaust 4th Gen Clips and Vids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just don't know if it would be beneficial to run 2 borlas for true duals with maybe an x pipe or just 1 borla and since the borla stinger I have is 1 in and 1 out I would need a Ypipe after to adapt the the 2 pipes going over the axle.

Bump for more info on my questions here and above

You could modify it to fit in place. Look up how the carven muffler fits. It's a 1 in 1 out style. They welded a y pipe onto the out of the muffler and bent the tubing to match the factory tail pipes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
First of all I am no artist by any means. But I drew up what are stock and some possibilities with the muffler swap. I'm thinking of doing figure B mainly because I already have the 2 borlas and why not use it and I think it will sound better with 2 of them. What do you all think?

Attachments

• IMG_8061.jpg
    IMG_8061.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 228

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The first drawing is going to give you the same result as the other 2. Unless you run true duals.my borla has 1 in and 2 out and sounds great. Hardly any to no cabin drone.

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The first drawing is going to give you the same result as the other 2. Unless you run true duals.my borla has 1 in and 2 out and sounds great. Hardly any to no cabin drone.

Did you put a Y pipe coming out of your borla?

I should add that the first drawing is stock formation. Again I'm no artist :)

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No need for the y pipe. The Borla had dual pipes coming out of it. Just had to add about 14in to pipe because the stock muffler was longer and bigger than the Borla. But she sure sounds good

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
No need for the y pipe. The Borla had dual pipes coming out of it. Just had to add about 14in to pipe because the stock muffler was longer and bigger than the Borla. But she sure sounds good

I see what your saying the only thing is the borlas I have are only 1 in and 1 out just like the picture attached. I really don't want to buy any additional mufflers as I have 2 of these sitting in my garage. I was going to use them on a my mustang but have decided to use them on my ram.

Attachments

• IMG_8080.JPG
    IMG_8080.JPG
    10.2 KB · Views: 320

Skubasteve!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New guy here. I just thought I'd post a clip of my new muffler at startup in case it helps anyone else make up their mind. I appreciate all of the others who have done the same - lots of good information here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2J43Sa6Yec

Borla Pro XS muffler (40349) - everything else is stock. 2016 5.7.

To me, this is perfect. I didn't want anything too loud or with lots of drone. I have young kids, and I know my wife wouldn't care for a constant roar either. This muffler is just enough to give it some deeper undertones without being a constant headache. It's barely louder than stock at cruising speeds.

The true question is, what does the wife think? Does she notice it, or complain at all? Im in the same situation as you, kids and wife. I want zero drone but a bit more v8 symphony.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well you can hear mine when you get on it but hardly hear it at cruising speeds

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well couldn't wait any longer...... I'm like an excited little kid who just showed up to ToysRUs. Exhaust is getting installed as we speak I decided to stick with diagram B since I had both Borla Mufflers just lying around my garage. Figured why not put them to good use. Will update you all after install

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
First off let me just say...... this is exactly the sound I was hoping for. Little to no drone, deep rumble at accelerations, at idle you can tell there is an exhaust but it's not over doing it. I wanted something that I can enjoy as a daily with my wife a baby girl in the truck. Here are some pics of what was done.

Attachments

• IMG_8090.jpg
    IMG_8090.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 790
  • IMG_8091.jpg
    IMG_8091.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 250

Sgt_Rattlehead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ok so I have spent WAY too much time on this thread listening to all your trucks! so if i say i want deep rumble and absolutely no raspyness what do you guys think?

i also have had flowmaster 40 series in pretty much everything i have owned, i didnt find a video in here with them and the search function is not my friend, anyone have one installed?

jaquezconrado

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First off let me just say...... this is exactly the sound I was hoping for. Little to no drone, deep rumble at accelerations, at idle you can tell there is an exhaust but it's not over doing it. I wanted something that I can enjoy as a daily with my wife a baby girl in the truck. Here are some pics of what was done.

Sound clip?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Almaramguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am on the fence. Between the 18" mufflex and the carven progressive, which one is going to be the more mellow of the two. My wife and kids will be riding with me a lot of the time and I don't wanna hear any bit*hin lol. Was gonna go with the 24", but from what I am reading, there may not be a huge difference over stock- unless I am reading into it wrong.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Carven would probably be louder but drone less

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member