RamForum Exhaust 4th Gen Clips and Vids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone running long tube headers and an aftermarket catback exhaust? Looking for something around the sound of the carven progressive (currently have and don’t want anything any louder) after finished. Probably going to end up with a touring type system if possible so I don’t have to have anything custom made. I was looking into borla a little bit but can’t find videos of to many trucks set up like this on YouTube. Looking for a nice purr at idle and growl under acceleration. I don’t care for raspy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I am on the fence. Between the 18" mufflex and the carven progressive, which one is going to be the more mellow of the two. My wife and kids will be riding with me a lot of the time and I don't wanna hear any bit*hin lol. Was gonna go with the 24", but from what I am reading, there may not be a huge difference over stock- unless I am reading into it wrong.
I have the 24" Mufflex bolt-on with the Magnaflow already welded into stainless piping. HUGE difference over stock.
Mellow, but noticeable rumble at idle.
No doubt there is a Hemi under the hood when accelerating.
Quiets down (not gone, just no drone) at about 1800-2500 RPM so you can do the highway without arriving with a migraine, have a conversation with your passengers, and hear your music.
I added the 5" tips which actually deepened the rumble a little bit in a good way.

I personally believe the 18" may be a little too loud for the wifey.

My wife actually complemented me on how good the 24" sounds outside the truck and how nice it is to hear it enough to know there is a Hemi under the hood, but not have it too loud inside the cab.

Happy wife, happy life.

Last edited:

bjohnston0624

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the 24" Mufflex bolt-on with the Magnaflow already welded into stainless piping. HUGE difference over stock.
Mellow, but noticeable rumble at idle.
No doubt there is a Hemi under the hood when accelerating.
Quiets down (not gone, just no drone) at about 1800-2500 RPM so you can do the highway without arriving with a migraine, have a conversation with your passengers, and hear your music.
I added the 5" tips which actually deepened the rumble a little bit in a good way.

I personally believe the 18" may be a little too loud for the wifey.

My wife actually complemented me on how good the 24" sounds outside the truck and how nice it is to hear it enough to know there is a Hemi under the hood, but not have it too loud inside the cab.

Happy wife, happy life.
Any clips!?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mattstertx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone running long tube headers and an aftermarket catback exhaust? Looking for something around the sound of the carven progressive (currently have and don’t want anything any louder) after finished. Probably going to end up with a touring type system if possible so I don’t have to have anything custom made. I was looking into borla a little bit but can’t find videos of to many trucks set up like this on YouTube. Looking for a nice purr at idle and growl under acceleration. I don’t care for raspy

I Have JBA long tubes into a magnaflow y pipe no cats into a single in dual pit straight through Borla muffler all pipe is 3 inch exhaust but the shop annoyingly out resonators right before my 5 inch tips so at idle it’s pretty quiet but when you get on it, it sounds great love the borla muffler

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2016 Ram R/T 14" Magnaflow, 2.5" in/3" out Magnaflow y pipe in place of factort y pipe, resonators deleted, 5" Moes exhaust tips

BigJbbq

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gentleman I'm looking into the magnaflow 12229 . I want to swap out the stock muffler on my 2010 its a single exhaust. I'm looking for feedback and info . Any help is appreciated . Most videos I've watched are dual exhaust .

SublimeScatShakr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 & 2018
Engine
2500 24 valve & 6.4L
Any one got any info /input about the flo pro twister kit for the newer PW's?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

foster80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2013 ram sport. No engine mods. Replace stock air filter with square k&n filter and this is a direct fit y pipe. Stock cat.