RamForum Exhaust 4th Gen Clips and Vids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Omicron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've always kept my resonators on.
I had the dod14m and the drone bugged me so I switched to the dod18m and it was ok for volume at full throttle but too quiet otherwise so I switched out the factory tips for 5"X12" and it deepened the tone but still too quiet, so I am now back to a dod14m it's deep, clean and pretty loud,lot's of drone and will be worse without the reso's so now after researching I pulled the plug and going to install the Cherry Bomb Extreme; more raw sounding,louder and NO gurgling like (******** in a tin can/ muffler delete without reso's) and smooth all the way through from idle to full throttle and a lot less drone. This is MY experience and other's will have a different view, good luck to ya, Bro.
Sounds like you need one of these to make it perfect:
Drone Supression Pipe - Mufflex Performance Store
This is the capped Helmholtz chamber others have mentioned. Pretty cool Mufflex is now actually making one.

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
will it hurt to run these trucks without mufflers?

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I see, I took mine off earlier to slip a 22" magnaflow on to see what it sounded like, **** that was a waste of cash, sound like stock, I just bought this damn thang cuz nuttin else fits, I've had super 44s on my past 2 trucks so I'm use to my trucks being loud but love the way no muffler sounds, just don't wanna f*** anything up

DatacomGuy

Reaction score
I see, I took mine off earlier to slip a 22" magnaflow on to see what it sounded like, **** that was a waste of cash, sound like stock, I just bought this damn thang cuz nuttin else fits, I've had super 44s on my past 2 trucks so I'm use to my trucks being loud but love the way no muffler sounds, just don't wanna f*** anything up

You're totally safe. Tons of us doing it, zero problems.

Nothing beats the sound of no muffler on these. Sounds incredible. I get looks and compliments daily. I'm used to running Flow 40s, so i'm with ya. This blows a Flow 40 away.

mossyoak03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

Nothing beats the sound of no muffler on these. Sounds incredible. I get looks and compliments daily. I'm used to running Flow 40s, so i'm with ya. This blows a Flow 40 away.

People follow me till I stop and ask me what I have then crawl under my truck.

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
With the new 6.4L HEMI can you just chop off the muffler without it throwing codes everywhere. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

it's bolt on slips right off, it's a lil bit louder than my 2011 2500 5.7 with no muffler I believe, I know I will **** some neighbors off at 430am when I got to work in morning, ain't had nothing pop up in dash for codes yet drove around earlier for about an hour

Last edited:

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4

yes sir it does

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I don't want something that's deafening. Lol. I just want something that has that mean Rumble. Like on my bike, I went thru 4 different sets of exhaust on it before o got the right sound. I wanted the deep Rumble and idle and medium speeds. But at interstate speeds I like to hear the radio. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
its not really that loud until ya stomp on it, then it sounds like a sooped up dragster