Ready to C4 it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biggamehunter54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Open for suggestions.
I have a 2004 Ram 1500 4.7.
It dies within a couple mins of being started, when stopped at a light for a short time and just recently 70 MPH at 2000 RPM down the freeway.
I would coast to the side of the road it would restart immediately, drive about 100 yds die again, restart immediately again then go 20 - 30 miles and do the same thing all over again. Made for a long 300 mile drive.
I had the fuel pump and filter changed along with the fuel tank a year ago.
Changed plugs and coils 6 months ago, replace the IAT, TP, MAP, Crank and Cam shaft sensors. Disconnected the upstream O2 sensors nothing changed.
Cleaned the O2 sensors and still nothing. Checked the ohms on the fuel injectors and again on the coils. All within specs. cleaned the throttle as well.
There are no codes. I think that about covers it.
Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
Maybe a bad ignition switch. If the switch is bad I guess you might also have problems with the fan or a/c not working properly.

When it shuts off do you still have fuel pressure? A couple of us have had problems with replacement fuel pumps. I replaced mine last year and it hasn't worked right from day one. No stalling though.

You might also want to try testing the battery. That and inspect all the ground connections.

Welcome to the forum.

shaftman_05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does it die when you let off tge throttle? Clean throttle body with very light carb or brake clean on a tooth brush.

icywhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
also check your battery grounds if one is loose it will cause problems like this. next look at you iac on the TB I know you said you changed it but ive had new cheap ones go bad quickly