Removing truck bed for rust removal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Usafparker18612

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just bought a 2003 1500 and my first little project for it is to remove the minor rust on the undercarriage and give it a good undercoating. I'm planning to just go at it with a wire brush and sand paper until the weeked when me and my buddies are gonna remove the bed and go at it all with angle-grinders.

So far I have rustoleum tar/wax remover, primer and undercoating and a gallon of rustoleum bed liner that for now I'm gonna use on the underside of the truck bed. All this plus a small container of naval jelly. Never used it before and not really sure i'll even need it.

Just wondering if anybody has some words of advice here or any heads up of something I should look out for. First time doing something like this.

Hurley91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I would looking something like POR15 or Chassis Saver.

BKNBK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would suggest taking the rear bumper off before pulling the bed. Makes it easier, less possibility of scratching the bed.