Replacing 6" top hat strut spacer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itsRamminTime

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all new poster, old reader.

I'm currently running a zone 6 inch lift with 5 rear coils, bils all around with them set at 2.1 after removing the 5/8 preload spacer.

I'm looking for an assembly or shock and spring to replace the top hat strut spacer, as i believe it will improve ride quality (more travel length?) and look better.

I've searched but have only found longer shocks for older trucks that have eyes on both ends.

Also I'm not looking to do full on $3k coil overs as I'm not doing any serious off roading.

Thoughts?

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not a lot of options in that realm for you. You have $300 RC 6" QL struts, $1000 RC 6" Vertex Coilovers or $1750 Fox 2.5 6" Coilovers.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

I'm currently running a zone 6 inch lift with 5 rear coils, bils all around with them set at 2.1 after removing the 5/8 preload spacer.

I'm looking for an assembly or shock and spring to replace the top hat strut spacer, as i believe it will improve ride quality (more travel length?) and look better.

I've searched but have only found longer shocks for older

I've searched but have only found longer shocks for older trucks that have eyes on both ends.

Also I'm not looking to do full on $3k coil overs as I'm not doing any serious off roading.

Thoughts?
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/zone-6-with-bilstein-5100.170978/page-2