Revert tune to stock question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone, I recently reverted my RAM tune back to stock from hemi fever. Everything seems to be as normal except my oil chang is readings 31,000 miles at 46 percent. This is obviously not true because I had about 95 percent at 500 miles or something like that. And I’m just making sure there isn’t any problems with the stock tune and wondering if this is normal behavior for the computer After reverting back to stock. Only reason I ask is because I am taking the truck back to the dealership to get my manifold bolt issue fixed next week. Thank you guys for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had this same problem. It would appear that when the tuner backs up the stock tune the oil change data is in that backup. When you restore the backup to the truck, it overwrites the current oil change mileage with the snapshot in the backup.

Any reason you went back to stock? I had a recall last summer so I brought it back to stock and I couldn't believe how used to the Hemifever tune I had gotten!

OP
OP
M

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m going back to stock because I have a manifold Bolt leak that should be covered under powertrain warranty.
Yeah when I’m driving fast I definitely miss the tune, but in these hard when there’s I’m always driving like a grandpa so I don’t really notice it missing much Lol. I am curious to see the difference in mpg while the tune is off though

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I actually noticed a drop in MPG of about 2mpg when going back to stock. Definitely interested in what you find.

What you could do next time you need to go back to stock is go into the Diablo tunes menu and select "modify stock tune" and then just reset all the parameters. That way your oil life meter won't be messed up. It's as quick as loading a tune in and you don't have to go through the unmarry/marry process.

OP
OP
M

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I actually noticed a drop in MPG of about 2mpg when going back to stock. Definitely interested in what you find.

What you could do next time you need to go back to stock is go into the Diablo tunes menu and select "modify stock tune" and then just reset all the parameters. That way your oil life meter won't be messed up. It's as quick as loading a tune in and you don't have to go through the unmarry/marry process.
Thanks for the tip! Luckily I had about 600 Miles only on the oil change so I just reset everything. I appreciate the help