rough country lift kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah. You have to paint the knuckles. Mine said that on the instructions. Not bolts missing from mine. That's too bad. If you would have called they would have shipped them out to you. They always ship fast and answer the phone quick.

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Raw material... A coat of paint or powder dating is needed. I didn't paint mine, so they are still surface rusted. I need to take them apart and paint them. But that is a pretty big undertaking.

Hammer_Z71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's funny, but on all the Jeep forums Rough Country kits are considered low end, cheap crap. But I've NEVER heard a single bad thing about them from Ram owners, no matter if it's a SFA, torsion IFS or coil IFS application.

As far as the lift height goes, I agree that most people regret not going higher after spending the money, so you should think about the 6" kit. I'm not a fan of running 37" tires on CVs, but 35s look fine at 6" of height.

Now I went with a 4" kit (Rancho) mainly because I use the bed of my truck heavily, especially when I'm up at my small piece of farm property. The bed as it sits right now is about as high as I can deal with it for loading heavy items, logs or deer during hunting season. I also transport my ATV in the bed often and even with 84" ramps, the angle is severe enough now, it'd be like climbing straight up a wall if I'd had gone higher. So there are some reasons to stick to 4" over 6" for some. Just depends on your intended uses...

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I think most of the people on there just repeat what they have heard. RC lifts weren't nearly the quality they are now and they did have a problem with leaf springs sagging. I have keep friends that swear by BDS and will tell you RC are junk. None of them have or have had an RC lift. I convince a friend I mine to put one on his TJ and they are all impressed and actually shocked by how it rides. My brother had one on his Cherokee as well and never had a complaint.
A funny story is one of my friends whose all about jeeps put a BDS leveling kit on his cummins and was ragging on the HBS spacers. Well one of his spacers ended up cracking and he hates the BDS shocks cause the freeze in the winter lol

If I was running a shop and installed a bare metal part I wouldn't have to high of an expectation. It's not to hard to hit it with some bed liner in an aerosol can.