Saving a solid truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tmerritt530

tmerritt530

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
287 ci
Must have sold the door for **** money!

I wont rag on him (prior owner) cause he had some cool stuff he has restored. He started parting it out after losing interest, and then proceeded to lose interest in that too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
tmerritt530

tmerritt530

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
287 ci
Should have the replacement motor this weekend. Interior is done. Glad i have a garage so the lack of door for now is no problem

OP
OP
tmerritt530

tmerritt530

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
287 ci
I got this for 100 bux because they said it smokes, so i am going to tear it down and check everything out. Check cylinder taper, piston condition, rings, valve guides and seals, all the good stuff.

OP
OP
tmerritt530

tmerritt530

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
287 ci
While I am checking it over i will also likely replace crank and rod bearings.

OP
OP
tmerritt530

tmerritt530

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
287 ci
So, to revive this decrepit thread, this project stalled when i tore down the jeep 4.7 HO and discovered a shelled out lower end. Spun rod bearing and broken cap. Snapped the cylinder skirts too ruining the block.

Anyway, now we have a 4.7 durango motor that was running when pulled, so we are putting the HO heads on it.

Before we put it jn slumber we got a junkyard door for it. It is crunched a little but it seals to keep my interior work as i left it. We will keep looking for a nice door as we go.

2014moparam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
looks like you have a truck with good bones there. Dont often see too many manuals either

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I actually have had very few issues so far. Just swapping out dirty parts with clean ones, and cleaning what I have to reuse.

Get the carpet from Stock Interiors? I just got mine done and looks like yours. I went with charcoal color. A little more brown than I wanted, but looks way better. Keep up the great work, and I'm jealous of that manual trans...

OP
OP
tmerritt530

tmerritt530

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
287 ci
Get the carpet from Stock Interiors? I just got mine done and looks like yours. I went with charcoal color. A little more brown than I wanted, but looks way better. Keep up the great work, and I'm jealous of that manual trans...

Not sure where the carpet came from, it was in a junkyard truck. Someone had covered a vinyl floor "fleet" truck with that carpet. I snatched it up quick.