seafoam in the oil sorry I need some fast responses.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I drove it today and it was raining so humid as heck. That's usually when I hear it. No noise. It's so weird.

CDNUSER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No quick fix. Need to replace manifold bolts and new gaskets.
I would avoid putting seafoam in the oil. Like others have said, will do more harm then good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have no idea what the previous owner used. Dealership used a cheapo oil filter and probably bulk oil. I immediately switched to mobil 1 syn and a wix filter. I did seafoam this morning and ran it 30 miles. I change it to castrol syn and a purolator boss filter. I really like that filter. I believe this is the set up I am going to run. As for the tick. Its gone. I'll check it tomorrow when it's had 12+ hours of sitting. If not what's the 100k mile warranty? 5 years?

Your dealer did not use the correct Chrysler / Ram oil filter?

Why don't you use the correct factory filter?

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought it from Carmax. It had some off brand filter. Is the mopar filter really that great? I know the ford factory filters are great. The puraltor boss filter seemed nicely built. I checked it out vs the wix I usually run. It seemed better built.

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought it from Carmax. It had some off brand filter. Is the mopar filter really that great? I know the ford factory filters are great. The puraltor boss filter seemed nicely built. I checked it out vs the wix I usually run. It seemed better built.

I always use the "factory" oil / fuel / air filters in all of my vehicles. I never take a chance with an aftermarket filter - especially the oil filter which is critical for the engine.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
None of the big three have an oil, air, or fuel filter factory. They are made by the large manufactures of the most popular brands and they put mopar on it. Purolator and champion make them for mopar. They also don't make shocks, brake pads, batteries, and a lot of other parts on your truck. Alot of the parts are made by smaller companies or big 3 plants that were "sold" to other companies but continue to make the same parts.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Snake oil. SeaFoam will likely do more harm than good.

in engine oil..... yes. to me it is a mediocre fuel stabilizer and a almost mediocre cleaner.

its not a problem solver, thats for sure.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Day 3 and no noise. Just to update. I'll update weekly from here on out.