Searching for parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoSox18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do you guys look up parts that didn't come stock on your truck? For example I was on allmoparpart.com looking for a review mirror with auto high beam for my 17 Laramie. Turned out the one I was looking at had the mic in the mirror, my mic is in the headliner. The description didn't mention it either way.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I go to the link below, put in my vin (it's saved), and look the part up. Then I go to other sites and see if it's cheaper ...lol. There's probably 6 different ways to find Mopar parts, but that's what I usually do.

A lot of times I call the dealer and see how close they can come. I prefer to buy parts from the dealer (depending on the price difference) b/c there's no-hassle returns. Depends on the part. Right now the strikes make it almost impossible for them to get parts they don't stock.

OP
OP
B

BoSox18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. Putting in my VIN would give me parts for my specific truck. I'm asking about searching for parts that would be options on other trim levels.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ahhh sorry. I read too quick and missed that.

Ok. Well. Try not putting in your vin and search using the drop-down's. Then when you find a part, say, mirror, it'll indicate down below what trim level the part fits.

Or you could try RockAuto.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The other thing you could do is just type the part description into Ebay and see what comes up. Then you can get a part number of what you're looking for, and search other places.