Seatbelt buckle alarm stoppers. Do they work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, since I found out recently that there are no longer instructions in the manual that describe how to turn that annoying BeltMinder feature off- you literally to take it to the dealer to turn that annoying **** off so, do these little metal things they sell that clips into the buckle to turn it off, work?
https://thetikit.com/collections/cars-trucks-2

I guess in other words what I’m asking is on the 2018 Rams, is the switch that turns that light off is it in the belt spool or is it in the the buckle itself?

And please, I’m not interested in hearing all the, “why don’t you just put on your seat belt” comments. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ctdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why don't you just put on your seatbelt!?

Sorry - I just had to!! :lol:

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Find the source of the ding and remove that speaker.
I wouldn’t think going that route would be greatly recommended because probably the same place that the seatbelt reminder chime comes from is probably the same place that all the other chimes come from so I don’t think that would be a very good idea.

Besides, if the chimes come from one of my stereo speakers, I certainly don’t want to turn of them off.

I’d much rather shut it off the same way the seatbelt would turn it off if it were buckled or even if I had to resort to paying a dealer to disable the reminder electronically through the computer.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Buckle up first then turn ignition on, but don't start the truck.for you that's press the start button with your foot off the brake. Once the light for the seatbelt turns off on the dash quickly unbuckle then rebuckle then unbuckle then rebuckle then unbuckle and rebuckle. While it's buckled the last time turn the ignition off. You'll hear a chime if it worked. Worked on my 17 and the 11. Light will still come on, but the chime will never come on again.
Should be buckled in on public roads as it's the law and much safer, but I drive around my property and job sites where I'm in and out constantly so I like it for that. Make sure if you fly through your window you don't hit me!

Last edited:

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Buckle up first then turn ignition on, but don't start the truck.for you that's press the start button with your foot off the brake. Once the light for the seatbelt turns off on the dash quickly unbuckle then rebuckle then unbuckle then rebuckle then unbuckle and rebuckle. While it's buckled the last time turn the ignition off. You'll hear a chime if it worked. Worked on my 17 and the 11. Light will still come on, but the chime will never come on again.

This!!

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I will definitely try that as I don’t think that was one of the few changes they made from the 2017 models to the 2018 models but I won’t be surprised if this trick doesn’t work because it specifically states in the manual that the only way the belt minder can be turned off was at the dealer.

Now with that being said, I would not doubt for one second that disabling this would consist of them- the dealer; doing that sequence and not hooking the truck up to the computer via diagnostic port under the dash but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Chrysler did in fact make it to where it can only be turned off through the PCM.
Should be buckled in on public roads as it's the law and much safer, but I drive around my property and job sites where I'm in and out constantly so I like it for that. Make sure if you fly through your window you don't hit me!
*sigh*

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Should work. Only thing I left out is that the door has to be closed as well I believe.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let’s hope...[emoji41]

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did find this video. Says it’s for a 2016 but Is this close to the correct steps?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That's the way to do it. Just slightly different for you because of keyless go.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sweet.

I guess I’ll have to look again in the manual one more time but I didn’t see any instruction on disabling it yourself. Just said the dealer could only disable it.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t know why it’d be such a big deal to disclose the disabling steps to the consumer because its not like the procedure turns off the light too. You still got that annoying little light staring you in the face giving you a guilt trip even after killing the chime...lol.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t know why it’d be such a big deal to disclose the disabling steps to the consumer because its not like the procedure turns off the light too. You still got that annoying little light staring you in the face giving you a guilt trip even after killing the chime...lol.

Probably so your wife can't sue them when your dead.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Probably so your wife can't sue them when your dead.
FYI... That seatbelt is not a saving grace in preserving life in a car accident, just sayin’... That’s seven years of Firefighter/First Responder/Heavy Rescue tech experience stating that but let’s not go there please?....[emoji41]

Besides- you can pay the dealer to turn it off so..... how does what you said relinquish them of any and all liability responsibilities?

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FYI... That seatbelt is not a saving grace in preserving life in a car accident, just sayin’... That’s seven years of Firefighter/First Responder/Heavy Rescue tech experience stating that but let’s not go there please?....[emoji41]

Besides- you can pay the dealer to turn it off so..... how does what you said relinquish them of any and all liability responsibilities?

Who knows? I am being a troll lol. There was a 30 year study, that one could conclude that in the bigger picture, seat belts cause more deaths. (essentially people feel safe so they drive more reckless)

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Who knows? I am being a troll lol.

Dang, I’ll say...lol. Maybe I should’a used a little reverse psychology and said to bring on the pro-seatbelt squad...lol.

There was a 30 year study, that one could conclude that in the bigger picture, seat belts cause more deaths. (essentially people feel safe so they drive more reckless)
Hmm, guess I haven’t heard of that study.

Usually the National Highway Safety Board, insurance companies and so on, and so forth stay hush hush about that because they don’t want to convey the wrong idea and accidentally convince people to not wear their seatbelt because yeah, seatbelts do save lives...sometimes. There’s also times where where I don’t matter. There’s also times where if the driver/occupant was pitched out that they would have escaped unscathed but it’s just that some people act like seatbelts are 100% effective. But they’re not.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^this

Little tricky with push button start but worked on my 2017