Seatbelt buckle alarm stoppers. Do they work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Lonestar Edition with Black Out Package
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
this worked on my 2018 no problem. No more chime.

Reactions: JB1

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Just buy a cheap seat belt extender ( less than $5). No chime and no light plus you can still use your seat belt when you want and in case you are in a accident it will be recorded that you were wearing a seat belt. Might save you a ticket.

Pedro F

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you go to your local dealer and you request they turn of the chime for seat belt most will do it for you and not charge you unless you go in acting like an ass hat!!!!

warlord829

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hey guys, since I found out recently that there are no longer instructions in the manual that describe how to turn that annoying BeltMinder feature off- you literally to take it to the dealer to turn that annoying **** off so, do these little metal things they sell that clips into the buckle to turn it off, work?
https://thetikit.com/collections/cars-trucks-2

I guess in other words what I’m asking is on the 2018 Rams, is the switch that turns that light off is it in the belt spool or is it in the the buckle itself?

And please, I’m not interested in hearing all the, “why don’t you just put on your seat belt” comments. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

warlord829

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just disconnect plug under seat !! do reco you wear it.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
www.thetikit.com. This is a seat belt silencer that really works and it come in multiple styles.
I think that’s the one I was interested in but I got it taken care of by getting it turned off with the unmentioned “secret code”...[emoji41]

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you go to your local dealer and you request they turn of the chime for seat belt most will do it for you and not charge you unless you go in acting like an ass hat!!!!
Or just follow the steps in the video posted in this thread and do it yourself; no trips to the dealer and no dealing with whether they’ll do it for free or charge you.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just disconnect plug under seat !! do reco you wear it.
If it’s anything like my ‘08, you can’t just unplug the wire to the seatbelt buckle or it would never turn off, even if you did buckle your seatbelt. If you go that route you have to insulate a jumper wire in the connector or cut the plug off and splice the two wires together.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
Its in the buckle....Seat belt extender works great...still have the seat belt to use and no light or dinging you can get extenders in three sizes too.