Seatbelt buckle alarm stoppers. Do they work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^this

Little tricky with push button start but worked on my 2017

Just curious but did your manual say what the procedure was?

Yeah don’t mean to be hung up on that but please understand this is the first time I’ve ever not seen instructions on how to disable that seatbelt chime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just try it, what’s the big deal

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So its an 18 get off the key board and take 3 minutes to try it . Hell ya spent damn near 8 hrs talking about it .

BIG RED HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L/392CI
Um.... No..

I've done it occasionally when not on public roads, but other then that I always use my seat belts. Buckling the belt behind your back is better then buying one of those alarm stoppers. What a great combination, unbuckled and beer bottle opener....LOL

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've done it occasionally when not on public roads, but other then that I always use my seat belts. Buckling the belt behind your back is better then buying one of those alarm stoppers. What a great combination, unbuckled and beer bottle opener....LOL

Yeah, I never understood the concept of the bottle opener.

I guess I can just claim my responsibility and only use the alarm stopper for its alarm stopping qualities...[emoji41]

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So its an 18 get off the key board and take 3 minutes to try it . Hell ya spent damn near 8 hrs talking about it .
If I was home and near the truck I would but it’ll have to wait until this weekend.

jjyergler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That’s on a 2016 though. I have an ‘18....

Right, I understand that. That's why I mentioned the year. I was more commenting for anyone else that might be browsing the subject. I would be willing to bet that the dealership doesn't do anything but this procedure. The "computer" excuse is just a way to justify their getting into your wallet. Hopefully this will still work for year model. I'm looking forward to hearing if it does.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Right, I understand that. That's why I mentioned the year. I was more commenting for anyone else that might be browsing the subject. I would be willing to bet that the dealership doesn't do anything but this procedure. The "computer" excuse is just a way to justify their getting into your wallet. Hopefully this will still work for year model. I'm looking forward to hearing if it does.
Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised either. Hell for all I know it might be some new way of increasing their safety ratings on the truck by deterring the interest of turning the chime off by making people think they can no longer turn it off on their own and have to pay the dealership to do it, except for the smart ones who know how to use Google and YouTube...lol.

I’m hoping it does too but if it doesn’t, at least I sounds like the switch that turns the **** off is in the buckle, not the spool which would allow the use of that chime-stopper doohickey.

Somebody on YouTube tho said that it did in fact work on a 2018 1500 so, we’ll see this evening.

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
I just tried to buckle and unbuckle my belt 3 times trick it didn’t work in my 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just tried to buckle and unbuckle my belt 3 times trick it didn’t work in my 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you follow all the directions it will. Only thing I left out on the explanation was the door had to be closed.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well holy crap, spank my ass and call me Charley, you guys are going to be very pleased to hear that those steps worked.

Light stays on just as I suspected but no more annoying chime!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Who said an old dog can't learn new tricks.... (self included)
Well it’s not that. On that aspect I had no doubt that it would work, it’s just that I wasn’t sure that it would be able to work because there’s no mention of those steps in my manual.

I’m just glad that it did and it actually kind of aggregates me that they are trying to pull the wool over people’s eyes by not saying how to do it and telling people to bring it to the dealer.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93