Should I trust the dealer service center?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cecil_

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 SLT
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My truck is covered under warranty and the dealership is tearing into my motor to fix severe hemi tick. It’s to the tune of 2500 to fix, they are removing both sides of the motor.

The question is should I trust them? I’m afraid of them lifting the truck in the air and bottoming our the side steps (they sit low) and bending or ripping the back side of the rocker panels. I’m also afraid of scratches and the work on the Motor.

One other concern is the rust that forms in the front fenders, Near the hemi badge. I fluid fimed the truck, so that should be okay.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What would the alternative? I guess you could pay out of pocket to someone else, but that would be crazy... and still be a question mark. They lift cars and trucks all day, and I doubt they will mess up your side steps. If they damage something, then go after them.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I would just politely tell the service manager about some of your concerns , I am sure they are professionals and will understand how important your truck is to you.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would say of anyone that I would trust a ram dealer the most to lift my truck, they lift them all day long. I may have concerns about some of the other stuff they do but lifting isn't one of them.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Do you have reason not to trust them?

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The lift arms have interchangeable pieces to put on the ends to "lift them up" before the lift even goes up. They deal with trucks with running boards/bars on a daily basis.

OP
OP
Cecil_

Cecil_

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 SLT
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You guys are right, I’m just very picky about my truck. I’m just very met I’ve because I’ve never had a vehicle that has had to have the ending cracked open before.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Make sure you do a walk around before and after with the service writer that way if any vehicle damage is noticed or done u have a leg to stand on... and make sure they note any damage that is there or isn’t there. I do this anytime I need my vehicle serviced just in case and give them very clear instructions that I don’t want it washed so nothings being covered up. Don’t worry man

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wouldn't worry about the side steps. The dealership works with trucks with side steps multiple times per day.

As for motor work, I would trust the dealer to know how to work on their own product. Sure, mistakes are always a slight possibility, but that's true of any shop.

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
****, my dealer left a screwdriver on the bottom of the engine bay, didn't put all the screws that hold wheel wells, and slightly dented area above the front wheel when they were taking out the wheel wells. And I still go there because I got no other choice as they're the bigger dealership around sf Bay area.. Not many other options to fix under warranty... I just ask them not to schedule that same guy to work on my truck

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
people hate dealers for a few reasons.
1. customer service which is usually caused by a service writer.
2. the fact that you cant get it fixed on the first shot now days under warranty (diagnose one day come back to get fixed another), however this is a chrysler thing not dealers. yes mechanics dont like to do warranty work due to the lack of pay. this really sucks for the consumer but its understandable so they are not paying out for free parts all the time

like others said if you are worried about your steps dont be. most arms can the last 8" or so can pivot up to even gain more clearance.

OP
OP
Cecil_

Cecil_

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 SLT
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Should I keep it after they are finished? Like I said I know that some rams have had rust issues near the hemi badge would pulling the fender wells our stir this up?