Single Cab Door Fit 4 Door?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CokeZero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I need to replace the driver side door on my truck. Will the driver side door of a single cab fit my 03 crew cab?

Also any writeups on changing doors by unbolting the hinges from the truck?

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
I am not sure but I would say no to the doors from a single cab fitting a 4 door. Only way to find out is to go to the donor truck and take some measurements then do the same to the truck you are replacing the door on. The hinge mounting points should be the same. As long as the doors are the same measurements they should work. Make sure though to write down your measurements to be sure you get them correct.

xXAvroArrowXx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would think for the sake of production and keeping inventory low at the factory the front doors were designed to be the exact same on all variations of a particular model from the same years

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
No, upper right corner is different from a single cab to quad cab. Quad cab has a sharper corner where it meets the rear door. Also, the body line down the back of the door curves in the opposite direction.

_ram_pickup_1500_2_dr_st_standard_cab_sb-pic-38583.jpg

dodge-ram-2500-slt-diesel-picture.jpg

OP
OP
CokeZero

CokeZero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn, makes finding a door that much harder. There are no trucks this body style in any junkyard 100 miles of me. And I need one asap :/

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Damn, makes finding a door that much harder. There are no trucks this body style in any junkyard 100 miles of me. And I need one asap :/

Ive been searching for over 2years for a regular cab drivers door........

OP
OP
CokeZero

CokeZero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've seen a few single cabs on craigslist over the months. Just no luck with a 4door. I don't want to buy one off ebay for $400 when My local yard charges 65 and used on CL are going for 100

SublimeRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What's wrong with the door on the truck? Get hit?

Also what year trucks are you looking for? Just 03-05 or 06-08 too?

OP
OP
CokeZero

CokeZero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the girl I bought it from was a redneck and she got it stuck and when they were pulling her out, she had the door open. Bent the door and fender.

I think just the 02-05 fit right? Still the peanut eye headlight.

OP
OP
CokeZero

CokeZero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OP
OP
CokeZero

CokeZero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice looking 3rd gen R1_zpserbj3oue.jpg

After redneck got a hold of it, and the reason I need a door. :/

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking at the picture could you not just reskin the door?? If the frame is still alright reskinning it should not be hard for a bodyshop.

OP
OP
CokeZero

CokeZero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was just gonna get a new door by unbolting the hinges and putting it on mine kind of like a simple remove and replace. Because it looks like the top hinge is broke. I don't wanna risk opening it incase I can't fix it.

Edit; I'll take some better pics tomorrow incase you or anyone else has some advice/tips on how I could make this one work.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok looking at the new pictures a new doo is called for. The last picture made the decision. If you look at the bottom of the door from the front the door frame is severely twisted and not worth the cost or trouble of attempting to fix. I would also have a body shop look at the hinge mounting points to be sure they have not been tweaked. The bottom one looks like it may have been pulled out a bit.

OP
OP
CokeZero

CokeZero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok looking at the new pictures a new doo is called for. The last picture made the decision. If you look at the bottom of the door from the front the door frame is severely twisted and not worth the cost or trouble of attempting to fix. I would also have a body shop look at the hinge mounting points to be sure they have not been tweaked. The bottom one looks like it may have been pulled out a bit.

I would like to thank you for all your help and advice. I have finally found one at a local yard for 250.

Is there a write up anywhere on how many bolts/how to access them to get the hinges/door off?

Do I need to remove the fender also to get access to the hinge bolts, ect?

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure if you have to remove the fender to remove the hinges, but it should only be 2 bolts per hinge on the door side that will let you get the door off the truck. Then you should be able to get to any more bolts that will be holding the hinges on. I would not trust the old hinges on the truck the door is being replaced, get either new hinges or get the ones from the donor truck. When replacing the door install the new hinges on your truck first then with the help of a friend install the door to the hinges. DO not tighten the bolts all the way until you have everything lined up. Once everything is lined up then you can tighten the bolts all the way. It will take a bit of trial and error to get things right. Best way to do the door is to remove the fender close the door, then line the door up with the frame and the rear of the door, and last the locking mechanism. Then replace the fender and line it to the new door and the hood. Take your time and be patient rushing will only cause problems.

OP
OP
CokeZero

CokeZero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought I heard somewhere the hinges have a bolt on the inside of the cab also?

I was trying to just unbolt the hinges with the door still attached so I could just bolt the hinges and door right to my truck.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought I heard somewhere the hinges have a bolt on the inside of the cab also?

I was trying to just unbolt the hinges with the door still attached so I could just bolt the hinges and door right to my truck.

I really have not looked at the hinges on my truck but you may be right. I would still remove the door from the hinges first though. Doing it that way will alleviate the headache of having t crawl into the truck with the door hanging there in a position that may or may not cause injury if it fell or swung suddenly. By removing the door off the hinges with a friend you can have total access to the hinges where they are attached without the fear of injury. Not too mention that you will have to loosen the bolts anyways when you go to line up the new door to your truck. It is easier and safer to just install remove and install the hinges separately.