SLP Loudmouth Exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jcasey10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L
I've been thinking about changing out my mufflers. My current set up is true duals with flowmaster 40's with turn downs and the mufflers have been on the truck for who knows how long and they just sound worn out.

I've been thinking about glasspacks and SLP's sound amazing on cars, but I'm having a hard time finding sound clips on trucks, especially rams. I don't like that super raspy sound of glasspacks but something draws me to the SLP's.

I've also looked at spintech's which sound pretty damn good on the 5.9 Dakota's. Magnaflows are okay, but I think they sound almost too quiet with not enough growl.

Anyone have some suggestions?

OP
OP
Jcasey10

Jcasey10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L
Cherry Bomb Pro/Cherry Bomb Extreme

The Extreme's are too....extreme lol. It's got that glasspack sound I can't stand without actually being glasspacks. The Pro's aren't terrible but I'm having a hard time finding videos on those. I just want something with a more smooth deep tone.

2003MOPAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Give borla a shot, sounds mean on my 4.7

I have the 4.7 on my 2003. I've been thinking of knocking off the stock muffler and installing a Borla. Dump it over the rear axle. Is this something I can do myself or do I need a shop? I'm concerned with properly supporting it so it doesn't flap around. Any pointers as to install and which Borla?

Budakane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345ci Hemi
Go to my thread in engine/performance, (I got a throw back for ya) I have a few vids of my truck, with sound.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Just took off some SLP's off my sons GT Mustang...they were new in Janauary...sell them $60 shipped to your door.

Rogan68

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins G56 DRW 4WD
I have always liked the sound of the Borla.. Deep rumbly tone on anything I've ever put them on..

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 14" magnaflow dual in dual out with x-pipe inside and it sounds loud on startup, idle and WOT. I have always liked magnaflows simply for their smooth sound compared to flowmaster and others. the smaller muffler you go the louder it will be which is why i went with the 14" vs the 18" or 24" (suitcase)

OP
OP
Jcasey10

Jcasey10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L
I have a 14" magnaflow dual in dual out with x-pipe inside and it sounds loud on startup, idle and WOT. I have always liked magnaflows simply for their smooth sound compared to flowmaster and others. the smaller muffler you go the louder it will be which is why i went with the 14" vs the 18" or 24" (suitcase)

I wonder how loud they sound with just turndowns? I'm honestly considering magnaflows now after watching so many videos. They're not the loudest but they're so much smoother. And I'm looking at some headers down the road so that might free up some sound as well.

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have never had turn downs but I would assume that it would be louder in and outside the cab due to the sound bouncing off of the ground. Also if youre getting headers than that would get it louder as well. Have you heard the 14" it is pretty loud. A buddy of mine has spintechs on his 96 impala and they are insanley loud, but he also has a 6.1 LS1 in it along with a lot of other engine work so that contributes to the loundess as well.

OP
OP
Jcasey10

Jcasey10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L
I have never had turn downs but I would assume that it would be louder in and outside the cab due to the sound bouncing off of the ground. Also if youre getting headers than that would get it louder as well. Have you heard the 14" it is pretty loud. A buddy of mine has spintechs on his 96 impala and they are insanley loud, but he also has a 6.1 LS1 in it along with a lot of other engine work so that contributes to the loundess as well.

I remember how much turn downs changed my flowmasters, so I imagine they would make the magnaflows loud enough. I've heard spintech's on a built LS1 camaro and they were sick, but my truck is not a LS1 camaro so I don't know how they'll sound.

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ran loudmouths on every vehicle i owned since i was 16 minus my ram. The sound is something others can match. The only reason i didn't run them on the ram is i wanted this truck a bit quiter. You canyon go wrong with them though. Especially with headers and a y pipe. Will sound awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Cool, after tomorrow, I am out of the country for a week, so, no hurry.