So For All Canadian Owners, and Maybe U.S. Too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
How is the Chrysler OAT coolant different from this:

$32 (CAD) at Parts Source (here in Ontario). That's the concentrated jug. Dillute 50:50 with distilled water to get 2 gallons of coolant.

And here's a rabbit hole for ya - these products always say to cut with de-ionized water (not distilled water). Is distilled water not also de-ionized? I've never gotten a coherent answer, even when I ask on a chemistry board on stack exchange. De-ionized water is expensive compared to distilled water.
I've used both,and have never really seen a differance between de-ionized and distilled water,except price.
Actually have a jug of both in my cabinet,and have been known to mix the 2 together if i don't have enough of 1 or the other
I don't think it really makes a differance in a cooling system,but if you were topping up a battery it might. Back in the day when you could service a battery i did use de-ionized water in them

Wils0n

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought some MOPAR OAT coolant concentrate for the 2021 Ram 2500. Part number 68163848AB. Amazon wants $37 a jug for 50/50 and $75 for concentrate, the dealer quoted me over the phone $60 for concentrate or $54.32 for 50/50 pre-mix. However by ordering it online through Mopar Canada https://store.mopar.ca/ and paying for it online, I can pick it up at EXACTLY the same dealer for $30.26. All prices do not include GST.

I found this exact same pattern when I bought air and cabin filters for my wife's Grand Cherokee through this website. The OEM filters were actually cheaper than buying Fram or other after market stuff on Amazon or at Walfart, CT etc. and less than half of buying direct through the dealer.

Just to confuse it more, there are two Canadian part numbers for this exact same coolant too.

68175338AC concentrate and 68175339AC premix.
Did you end up ordering 68163848AB through https://store.mopar.ca/ for pickup at the dealer? I'm in the same situation where I need the OAT concentrate 68163848AB, but the prices on Amazon.ca are ridiculous.

On https://store.mopar.ca/ I can get 68163848AB concentrate for around $30, or 68175338AC concentrate for $62. The dealer wants to sell me the 68175338AC as it seems like this is the Canadian equivalent. It just doesn't make sense why 68163848AB is available to purchase on Mopar Canada's site for half the cost.

OP
OP
Dean2

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Did you end up ordering 68163848AB through https://store.mopar.ca/ for pickup at the dealer? I'm in the same situation where I need the OAT concentrate 68163848AB, but the prices on Amazon.ca are ridiculous.

On https://store.mopar.ca/ I can get 68163848AB concentrate for around $30, or 68175338AC concentrate for $62. The dealer wants to sell me the 68175338AC as it seems like this is the Canadian equivalent. It just doesn't make sense why 68163848AB is available to purchase on Mopar Canada's site for half the cost.
I ended up having to take the more expensive one and ordered from the site. I ordered the cheaper one first but that order got cancelled as not available, and told to order the Canadian equiv. It was still cheaper to order the Canadian one from the site, it was about 45 bucks, and pick it up at the dealer, Londonderry Dodge in Edm who wanted $65, than to get it direct from Londonderry as a dealer. We definitely get screwed up here on a lot of stuff, but interestingly, I have found some Mopar parts that are actually cheaper here than in the states. Found the same thing on Lexus parts, and that is before exchange and ridiculous shipping.

Today's quote on the site for Canadian version.

Coolant Antifreeze, Canada - Mopar (68175338AC)​

2013-2018 Mopar - 68175338ac

• MSRP: $61.95 CAD
  • Discount: $16.51 CAD (26.7% off)
  • Sale Price: $45.44 CAD

mopar.png

Last edited:

Wils0n

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ended up having to take the more expensive one and ordered from the site. I ordered the cheaper one first but that order got cancelled as not available, and told to order the Canadian equiv. It was still cheaper to order the Canadian one from the site, it was about 45 bucks, and pick it up at the dealer, Londonderry Dodge in Edm who wanted $65, than to get it direct from Londonderry as a dealer. We definitely get screwed up here on a lot of stuff, but interestingly, I have found some Mopar parts that are actually cheaper here than in the states. Found the same thing on Lexus parts, and that is before exchange and ridiculous shipping.

Today's quote on the site for Canadian version.

Coolant Antifreeze, Canada - Mopar (68175338AC)​

2013-2018 Mopar - 68175338ac

• MSRP: $61.95 CAD
  • Discount: $16.51 CAD (26.7% off)
  • Sale Price: $45.44 CAD

View attachment 536782
Guess I’ll do the same then, thanks. I appreciate the tidbit about the air filters from earlier in the thread as well.

I guess it’s always worth checking online eh. I found some dealerships run their own parts website, with different prices than what’s found on the Mopar site. It can be hit or miss though.