Some pretty annoying HEMI 5.7L problems...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dacianalyall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Alright, my trucks already in the shop at the dealer, so it’s being taken care of, but I’m real curious as to what in the hell is going on with it. It’s a 2006 1500 HEMI 5.7L, and the only problems I’ve had so far besides this is the occasional transmission problem (it’s an automatic, not surprising.)

After a pretty long drive into Sacramento goin about 80-90mph, the dreaded CEL came on. I pulled over, shut it off, turned it back on, and limped it home at about 55mph. After that, I managed to get the Engine code thanks to the little ignition trick. P0406, bad EGR valve. No big deal, really. I installed a new duralast valve and also reconnected the EGR tube to the intake manifold, as it somehow had been disconnected for some time. Everything was smooth sailing from there until today.

Cruising about 75mph down the highway, the damn CEL comes back on and starts ******* flashing, along with the check gauges light. It starts shaking like mad, and quickly losing power and speed. I took my foot off the gas and the pulled damn thing over, and just as I get on the side of the road it just flat out dies. Can’t even move the steering wheel, just nothing. At this point, I put it down into park and tried to start it (I wasn’t too keen on being stranded on the side of a 5 lane highway.) Won’t even turn over. My passenger was complaining of the smell of gasoline, which I didn’t even pick up on, so obviously somewhere the gas isn’t combusting fully. The engine was completely flooded by the time I had pulled over.

Anyone got any ideas?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Did you get the codes that were set this time?