The future looks pretty sad.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Kind of on an Ev rant today, it's the biggest environmental scam yet....

So I'm curious with this push in EVs what's going to snub it out first? Big oil or insurance companies refusing to insure the spontaneously Combusting cars?

Imagine driving down the road in your electric car, you get into an accident and are knocked out, your battery goes into thermal runaway and we'll... youll probly get the rest of the story at the bbq lol.

Personally I can't see spending that much money on a vehicle that is going to have a hard time traveling 500km. In the cold you'd be lucky to get 300km at - 40.
You have to take into account the heating factor and the battery heating factor (cold batteries die fast) its been proven EVs don't like to take a charge in the cold so what do you even do in the winter? A 45 min drive, one way, would likely take half your battery at - 30°c

Plus there's the charger fires and just general finding a charge station. I Beleive there are 8 charge stations in my whole territory/state. The whole place is powered by diesel generators all winter so, does this not make your car the most Ineffecient diesel car out there? Lol

Here are a few more comical Ev videos. Definately seeing more bad than good out of these. Personally the ice will never die and hydrogen is a more reliable future. You can even make it at home, And a fuel up isn't going to take you 6 hours charging to drive 3 hrs.

Ev in Canada

Ev burns house down

Ev batteries catch fire on ship

What do we do with These batteries that spontaneously catch fire? The vehicle waste? How much pollution is caused by these things when they go up.

Even wind turbines aren't environmentally friendly.

Green energy isn't so fine and dandy when it's time to clean it up. Anyways my rant over, hopefully others can fire some of this ammunition as well.

GRETA is unavailable for comments at this time....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240103_122243_Opera Mini.jpg
    Screenshot_20240103_122243_Opera Mini.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is a great rant, Brandon, you have me sold but I was already on that page.

I've always said, that if you're charging an EV inside your garage without realtime smoke & fire monitoring, you're playing a dangerous game.

I had once considered buying one for a former GF to commute about 10 miles to work but have awakened and won't have anything to do with them now.

If anyone ever visits my house with an EV, I'll insist they park on the street. Of course, I likely would have driven them far away with criticism of their vehicular choice, long before they got close to visiting my house. :cool:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have to look at the ultimate goal - which the powers to be (aka World Economic Forum) - want. They want it to happen by 2030.
They are quite open about their goal.

I'd like to 'like' your post but I'm not too happy with the subject matter so, I'll just acknowledge it and say bravo awake brother.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Ask anyone that works at a Fire Station, what vehicle fire is the worst & most dangerous.

You have to stay at a EV vehicle fire a lot longer than a Fuel Powered vehicle fire.
The EV fire can re-ignite several times, until the battery itself is COLD

You can NOT put water on a fire, when the water might come into contact with a Lithium Battery

Saltwater exposure can trigger combustion in lithium-ion batteries. If possible, transfer your vehicle to higher ground." The warning also applies to electric golf carts, scooters and bicycles, with lithium-ion batteries potentially sparking a fire when they get wet.

How do you extinguish a lithium battery fire?

For best results dousing a lithium-ion fire, use a foam extinguisher, CO2, ABC dry chemical, powdered graphite, copper powder, or soda (sodium carbonate) as you would extinguish other combustible fires.

I THINK ..
that before long, any vehicle with an EV battery, will have to have its own Fire Suppression System On Board, similar to a vehicle in any type of NasCar Association Race.

can you imagine crashing into any body of water with an EV battery ?
Instantly the vehicle would lose power.

OP
OP
Brandon-w

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
You have to look at the ultimate goal - which the powers to be (aka World Economic Forum) - want. They want it to happen by 2030.
They are quite open about their goal.
You mean stuff people in 15 minute cities like they're in a prison, overload the grid with battery cars and cut down all the trees in the name of the greater good. The people who want us all neutered, eating bugs, living in these special cities, vaccinated for imaginary diseases, they're the ones flying their 2 million dollar jets to go 100km. Then they have the audacity to say we're the root cause not the jet that just burned 300 gallons of fuel instead of 2 gallons. It's a wonderfully green idea for the peasants. Haha.

Last edited:

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Heck I live in a no where state. I have seen three EVs burning in store parking lots. We bought a new pacifica van in 2021, when I retired as our DD. My wife was pushing for the hybrid version pretty hard. I looked at the forums, and saw 90% of the negative posts were on the hybrid versions, due to drive train issues with glitches and recalls.

The only electric cars I will ever own will be radio control.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Saltwater exposure can trigger combustion in lithium-ion batteries.
so, up north where they salt the roads in the winter could pose a HUGE problem with EVs?
That should be interesting. They would have to find a salt resistant coating on the battery which means a price increase. lol. of course. Not to mention how salt would eat many other parts of the car especially in the drive wheels.

They don't mention the additional cost of having a charging station wired up into your garage. That cost could reach up to $5,000 easily depending on how much the electrician (licensed) would have to do to your existing panel box.

also, NEVER EVER buy a used EV....no matter how good of a deal you might get, if the battery goes, you have to dish out 20k to 60k for a new battery. Not worth it.

I also question the trade in value of an EV. Would a dealer offer a warranty on a used EV knowing that the battery could go any time? Or, would they just not cover it at all?

Maybe a little EV car to jump around town would be OK, but, for trucks, once you start hauling a heavy load, your battery goes down which means your range drops substantially.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
The reasoning for EV's is a complete hoax, even worse the fact there is no where enough mined minerals to replace every vehicle made, not to even count those needed for the future. Either way, this ends badly period. Oh yeah no infrastructure to generate enough electricity, we already have issues with that current demand.

OP
OP
Brandon-w

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I'm so glad I'm not the only one that sees this. I was starting to think I was crazier than I am. A few of us joke about it but how many actually know the truth. And I mean Canada and the US are some of the lowest contributers to the issue so why are we being punished so hard? Our idiot leader loves his carbon tax and it's driving up prices like crazy. Why not ding other countries that are the big contributors or country wide boycott imports. Atleast then local jobs and factories could be supported and guaranteed instead of being farmed out right?

OP
OP
Brandon-w

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
The reasoning for EV's is a complete hoax, even worse the fact there is no where enough mined minerals to replace every vehicle made, not to even count those needed for the future. Either way, this ends badly period. Oh yeah no infrastructure to generate enough electricity, we already have issues with that current demand.
Let's be honest too. If EVs were effective even plausible the government, military and emergency services would already be using them. Right? Not seeing our government's utilizing these should be the red flags for society.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I think most people believe the truth, sadly even for those who know this is a hoax, other things are more important to them so they still put these people in power. Just because you hear a lie 1 million times, doesnt make it the truth, just makes those blowhards full of pathetic noise.

The facts are since 1990 the USA co2 levels from fossil fuels are generally the same because of the efforts spent in this area. However, china has doubled twice and is literally exploding so high it may be 4 or 5 times the US numbers. If what they say wasnt a hoax, these increases means we'd all be dead soon. Look at usa levels, we are basically at the same levels since the 1970's, pretty responsible?

So yes it is a complete and absolute hoax, the hoax of human history to be honest. But, that doesnt mean we shouldnt conserve the earths resources? I think most reasonable people would be proud we havent increased since 1970? I think most people believes in conserving sensibly? The bigger problem since it is an obvious lie, how can you have a reasonable approach? Their behavior is so over the top there simply is no negotiation. It is a massive abuse of power and effects all things when one side is so over the top and not based in fact. This is our world, political science is real science, like it or not this is a scientific result. The science of lies. Anyone with a public relations degree is nodding their head, yup.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Around my area, they just jumped the cost of electricity by double digits & in July it is going to jump again.

When the increase is for, is the cost of the Charging Stations along major roads & Freeways, they need lots of money to build & power them.

California has all the power we need, Sun, Wind, & regular fuel burning sources, in the past, we already paid high prices for them.
California sells a lot of its Energy & at times, they even given it away to Arizona & even other States.

In several other Countries, Investors buy land & build Facilities, then they buy Power from the regional Power Company.

The people that own EVs, pay for the power they need, they even have facilities where people drop off their vehicles & ride Public Transportation to work.
A parking attendant drives that vehicle to a electric post & when the vehicle is Fully Charged, an attendant drives the EV to another lot, like our Park & Rides, at the end of the day, the customer gets off of public transportation & picks up their fully charged vehicle.

OP
OP
Brandon-w

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I think most people believe the truth, sadly even for those who know this is a hoax, other things are more important to them so they still put these people in power. Just because you hear a lie 1 million times, doesnt make it the truth, just makes those blowhards full of pathetic noise.

The facts are since 1990 the USA co2 levels from fossil fuels are generally the same because of the efforts spent in this area. However, china has doubled twice and is literally exploding so high it may be 4 or 5 times the US numbers. If what they say wasnt a hoax, these increases means we'd all be dead soon. Look at usa levels, we are basically at the same levels since the 1970's, pretty responsible?

So yes it is a complete and absolute hoax, the hoax of human history to be honest. But, that doesnt mean we shouldnt conserve the earths resources? I think most reasonable people would be proud we havent increased since 1970? I think most people believes in conserving sensibly? The bigger problem since it is an obvious lie, how can you have a reasonable approach? Their behavior is so over the top there simply is no negotiation. It is a massive abuse of power and effects all things when one side is so over the top and not based in fact. This is our world, political science is real science, like it or not this is a scientific result. The science of lies. Anyone with a public relations degree is nodding their head, yup.
You 100% nailed it.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is a great rant, Brandon, you have me sold but I was already on that page.

I've always said, that if you're charging an EV inside your garage without realtime smoke & fire monitoring, you're playing a dangerous game.

I had once considered buying one for a former GF to commute about 10 miles to work but have awakened and won't have anything to do with them now.

If anyone ever visits my house with an EV, I'll insist they park on the street. Of course, I likely would have driven them far away with criticism of their vehicular choice, long before they got close to visiting my house. :cool:

You could always post these warning signs: lol...

no ev.JPG

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Map of states brought to the brink of available electricity.

107167180-1671135679684-2022_LTRA_Infographic.png

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Around my area, they just jumped the cost of electricity by double digits & in July it is going to jump again.

When the increase is for, is the cost of the Charging Stations along major roads & Freeways, they need lots of money to build & power them.

California has all the power we need, Sun, Wind, & regular fuel burning sources, in the past, we already paid high prices for them.
California sells a lot of its Energy & at times, they even given it away to Arizona & even other States.

In several other Countries, Investors buy land & build Facilities, then they buy Power from the regional Power Company.

The people that own EVs, pay for the power they need, they even have facilities where people drop off their vehicles & ride Public Transportation to work.
A parking attendant drives that vehicle to a electric post & when the vehicle is Fully Charged, an attendant drives the EV to another lot, like our Park & Rides, at the end of the day, the customer gets off of public transportation & picks up their fully charged vehicle.
My lil electric bill on my modest place has gone up 48% since Feb 2021, not including the hidden charge on bills PPL do not look for "paying" for the over alleged 8 Billion dollar surcharge on the energy "purchased" during the Feb 2021 storm that shut down most of the state.

YUP, ERCOT always screaming in summer to conserve, than in winter to conserve, but yet all we hear is State good, ok, I believe U, lol.

ADDED: EV: I got a battery op blower, weed eater and trimmer. I'll keep my ICE RAM, lol.

CAVEAT: I got a problem, @GTyankee, parking my ride in some lot to take Public Trans to work while some other "person" moves it, etc etc, yeah that not work for me either.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Before or after like 40 people froze to death from lack of power, lol? lol at gov not the deaths.
Over 200 PPL died directly or indirectly due to the "storm", power issues. Not counting the bills related to broken pipes, etc. Most places built here with pipes in ceiling with very lil anything ref insulation, all PVC, not take **** Tracy to figure out what happens when gets real cold.

EVERYTHING made to keep cold in, heat out.

ADDED: Typed/posted before saw Burla's NPR report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357