sound deadening questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birdman05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7, s&b cai, Diablo intune 89 octane tune
just curous what products you guys are using looking to do the floor and doors of my truck to cut down on road noise and help stereo sound better trying to do it on the cheap but willing to buy a good product

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Dynomat

OP
OP
B

birdman05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i see the dynomat im curious if anybody else has used the other products on the market

SublimeRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used Second Skin Damplifier on the roof of my truck when I did the headliner and it helped a lot. It worked good and I'm happy with it but I haven't used any other products to compare it to. I plan on doing the doors and rest of the cab someday.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I've used Damplifier, Dynomat, Rammat, and el cheapo asphalt crap from Home Depot; by far the best stuff so far has been the Damplifier Pro for vibration dampening. The Dynomat is stupidly priced for what you are actually getting, I got my Dynomat at cost which was the only reason I used it. The Damplifier is by far the thickest stuff I've used and it's a 100% butyl dampner.

My new truck has the Damplifier Pro CLD tiles on everything below the windows with a layer of the Luxury Liner Pro on the floor, back wall, and fire wall. I don't have anything on the roof yet because I'm planning to do some major mods to the headliner and will do that in the Damplifier when the headliner is pulled. I may add some Overkill CCF to the doors in the future to cut down on more road noise.

OP
OP
B

birdman05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ok stupid question but should i jsut remove the plastic film inside door and replace it with this or place under or on top sorry first time looking at doing this