squeaky engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt98ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
While engine is running it has a loud and constant squealing, I watched a video where someone sprayed water on the ribbed side of the belt and if the squealing stopped then it was a problem with the pulley alignment or wobbling pulley. When I turn on the truck and watch the pulleys it looks like my harmonic balance/crank pulley is wobbling. I recently changed the belt so it is not a worn belt. I also had to replace the timing gasket so I had to remove the harmonic balance to do so. Should I just be able to tighten the harmonic balance more and stop the wobble or will I need to replace it?

leadrofthepak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you 100% certain you tightened the balance evenly? Sounds to me like (if it was straight when you took it off) it should go back on the same, something might be keeping it from being flush and true all the way around.

OP
OP
M

matt98ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
i know i fully tightened the surrounding bolts but the large center bolt may be loose