Starting up my own auto detailing company!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
You may be on to something, my friend. I know my city doesn't have a mobile wash service. There's only one hand wash place and they charge a small fortune, upwards of $150 for compact cars.

Then there's the self-service and drive-thru washes. I know there are tons of people like me who would rather let their vehicle be dirty than let some heavy washing equipment bounce off their ride.

I really need to check into this.

Thats outrageous!! Thats the same in my area, but none offer hand washing!! If I were you Id look into it. I already have cars lined up for next week. Im looking at making a few hundred dollars on my day off and thats even after calculating out expenses.

Speedlogix Sales

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok guys and gals Im in need of your help! Im in the process of starting up an auto detailing business. Just something I can do on my days off and its something I love to do!! I have done family/friends vehicles in the past and I think its something I could turn into a little side job! Help me set prices, and see if the prices I have come up with are something you guys would be willing to pay!

For now Id be using their water supply, until I invest in a trailer and a water tank/pressure washer! So I had to calculate that out of my earnings! I would of course come to them! That being said here are my prices.

Car/compact suv:
wash/detail exterior (ie wheels and tires)- $45
wash/detail exterior & vacuum/detail interior (ie dash, door panels etc)- $70
wax exterior- $35
carpet/fabric cleaner if needed- $10

Large suv/truck:
wash/detail exterior- $65
wash/detail exterior & vacuum/detail interior- $90
wax exterior- $50
carpet/fabric cleaner- $10

I want to call it Perry's Auto Detailing and I will be making business cards to pass out! Here are some pictures of my work lol!

DSCN1075_zps83142f3b.jpg
DSCN1076_zps400ed4d8.jpg
DSCN1060_zps03b61a5c.jpg
DSCN1061_zps23be3c76.jpg
DSCN1087_zps66d2e7cb.jpg

DSCN1089_zps70b2f3e5.jpg

Good luck! The pictures of the vehicles you posted look great!

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Thanks I really appreciate it! Im going to put together an album of my finished vehicles to use as advertising!!

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just a suggestion go to--- autopia.org---It is a worldwide professional detailers site. It's a free web site and there is a ton of information on the site. Detailers talk about products they use and the results they get(along with pictures). They also talk about the detailing business and how to properly manage a detail business. These people have various years of experience and it might be some good information for you. I think they also talk about pricing and product selection for various services they provide.
Jay

OP
OP
GlOcKnRaM

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Thanks guys!! I wouldnt mind this being my full time gig and making my now full time job part time! I would of course have to make more doing so!

KickToTheJunk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats on the new venture and the bravery it takes to follow through...

But please please read and learn how to properly detail and do paint correction.

There is a process, technique and method to proper auto detailing. There's more to it than a water hose, bucket, rag and some dish soap.

I don't detail cars for a living, but I have the experience to wet sand scratches out of your paint... (It's not about knowing when to stop, it's knowing when to start).

There's success in your future. So long as you learn and know your craft first.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Base your prices on your time. Time is money. Order in bulk. Get commercial products.
Get good equipment. Don't put a buffing pad on a grinder lol
Compressed air and a DA sander will pay for itself in no time (obviously put a buffing pad on the sander lol)
Never use ArmorAll
Best of luck!