Steering box brace

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
Tried to install a steering stabilizer kit from Evergreen Performance, today. The internally threaded extension piece for the Pittman shaft is way too loose. In other words, if I try to put any torque on it to tighten it, it will definitely strip out the threads, male or female or possibly both. Has anyone else ever run into this before with this kit? The rest of the kit looks ok, but I don't know for sure, because I never got that far on the installation before it went south.

OP
OP
R

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
What, nobody had tried this kit? Well I guess I can add to the story: I tried emailing Evergreen Performance a week ago, but got no response. In the meantime, I took the aftermarket nut to a fastener store and determined that the threads are supposed to be 7/8"-14tpi, but they don't fit a sample bolt any better than my steering box. So I emailed Amazon my complaint, and I got a response from Evergreen Performance within 5 minutes. They asked for some shipment identifying numbers, and my application specs. I supplied them with the data, but haven't heard anymore.

The War Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 Magnum
Sorry to hear of the troubles you've had - hopefully they'll stand behind their product and make it right.

THAT said... there's a reason MOST of us use Borgeson. It work right the first time, EVERY time. :hmm:

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Steering brace most will recommend DOR over any others for reasons such as a well known brand to stand behind the product and quality

OP
OP
R

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
Latest update; still no action by Evergreen Performance. Amazon may have to get involved in order to get some needed assistance. I'll keep you posted whether EP will stand by their product.

ramburger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
just received my DOR brace last night in mail. beefy. i opted for this one as well since no frame flex issues.

OP
OP
R

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
Latest update; a "technician" contacted me. I explained that the threads of the Pittman shaft's extension nut are improperly machined. I suggested that before they send me a replacement nut, they should buy 7/8-14 grade 8 bolt and nut, and test what proper threads feel like before they send me another nut just like the one I already have. Sure enough, the "replacement" nut is exactly like the crappy one I already have! The nuts look like they are automatically machined, so to me, it's reasonable to me that there are a batch of these bad nuts out there, and it may take some time to sort through the kits and weed them out. So I wouldn't expect any resolution on this or any other of these kits for some time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
newest info, Evergreen Performance Components//Mizuno "Steering Stabilizer Kit" is what it is. They said if I don't like it, send it back, because they are not going to fix it. IMO this speaks volumes in terms of quality control, and customer technical support. I would strongly recommend NOT buying this kit, unless you want to machine your own Pittman shaft extension nut.