Strictly the 4x4 lowering thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1qikdsl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
noooooooo .... 1qikdsl, you had my fav lowered ram on the site!

Thank you very much! I really liked how it looked and hamdled but with all the pot holes it started to get old plus every time it rains the roads flood and I can't see the holes and mud lol. I started hunting and camping more with my boys and want to be able to let them steer like I did growing up so unfortunately it was time to go back up. Just did a 2inch front level with 35's. Plan on doing a Carli kit with King 2.5's when it is released for hemis.

hbar207

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone with a RCSB 4x4 running a 2" rear drop with 20x12 -44mm offset with 305-50-20's. My truck is currently in a state of disaster with a 3" front leveling spacer and a 2" rear spacer. Rides like crap so I'm thinking I'd like to go lower, was hoping to see a picture of what stock height in the front, 2" drop springs in the rear would look like with that wide of a rim/tire combo..

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone with just 2" rear drop springs?
I'm looking to level out the truck a little. Thanks! :favorites13:

Cat3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Only cut springs?..Panhard bar, sway bar relocate? If not, anything noticeable?

Sillygoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Question for you guys...
I've got 2" drop springs in the truck now. It has a wicked sag on the gas tank side that's really bugging me. I've swapped sides with the coils but the gas tank side settles right back down after a few months.
I'm planning to go 2/4 this summer with air assist. Should I cut my current springs and use the air assist to correct the gas tank sag or get new 4" springs altogether?

1qikdsl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Something isn't correct. Shouldn't matter what spring is on what side. Mine always sat perfectly level. The isolator isn't binding up on either side correct?

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Something isn't correct. Shouldn't matter what spring is on what side. Mine always sat perfectly level. The isolator isn't binding up on either side correct?

My truck was almost 3/4" lower on one side. I corrected the unlevelness when I cut the springs.

rileybrennan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm not sure why but can someone tell me why I'm not able to post in classifieds? I tried to post my 4x4 drop kit and it won't let me. Maybe it's not like the diesel forum I use to frequent and I have to pay or something? I prefer a local sale obviously but I thought if it was posted here I may find that local someone easier than the other options. If anyone can tell me why please do if not no biggie it will sit in the crate until a local 4x4 finds it lol. Thank you! Trucks look great info miss the stance that mine had. Just way to many pot holes on the back roads I live and travel around. Around town it was a blast and awesome in the corners for a truck

You selling a drop still?? I've been searching and with the Canadian dollar being in the toilet I can find a gf kit for under $1500 or a mcgaughys for under $1000. My truck is getting lowered before summer! But would rather not spend $1000

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 169

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like my stance for the time being but soon as my diesel arrives it'll be my full on tow vehicle and this guy is getting a nice drop kit.
Recommendations? I like the ground force kits but it's all I really know of.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 152

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like my stance for the time being but soon as my diesel arrives it'll be my full on tow vehicle and this guy is getting a nice drop kit.
Recommendations? I like the ground force kits but it's all I really know of.

beautiful rig! :favorites13:

Alaskanpeeps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all! New to the forum. Been fallowing since 09 and finally decided ram forum is the one for me. Currently own a 13 crew cab tradesmen 4x4. The day I got the truck I cut a coil off the rear and waited to make sure it wasn't going to settle anymore. So I don't know my original measurements. Last weekend I cut another half coil. And I'm still sitting 1" high in the rear. At this point I can lift the truck up by the frame and just pull the coils out. I figured I'd just cut more and get shorter shocks so they won't fall out wile the tire shop or dealer lifts it up. But in all reality I'd rather have progressive rate springs.
All that to ask this lol I'd really hate to get the ground force 2" springs and have to cut them to get level. I'd be pissed. So I'm contemplating ordering the 3" springs. Let them settle and then get a coil spacer to level it up. And if down the road I decide to drop the front. All I'd need is the front springs. What do you all think about this?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
If that's the route you're thinking then I'd get the McGaughy's 2" drop springs since they have lots of spacer coils in them that can be easily trimmed and they are a hell of a lot cheaper than the GF coils.