Strictly the 4x4 lowering thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alaskanpeeps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are the mcgaughys coils a progressive rate spring? And after getting true level will I need to get shorter shocks so the springs stay snug wile on a lift? Just to note.. I plan to do Spoth panhard bar and Hellwig sway bar as well to get the best on road handling I can. Thx for ur time.

1qikdsl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also agree with mcgaughy 2 inch rear level springs. I went this route initially. Then bought ground force front springs and cut the rear mcgaughy springs a coil at atoms until I achieved the look I was after. I also used shorter bell tech sway bar end links and a belltech rear trackbar relocation bracket. When all said and done the rear of he truck felt the same as the front. Had a great balance and handled great! My plan being from the Offroad world was to drop out the rear axles as far as you want for max droop and then go to an Offroad store and purchase the proper length limit straps for the mounting locations of your choice. I never got around to it and just zip tied the bottom of the coils to the bucket in two different locations. Only time you will have to realistically worry about it would be at the dealership if they put your truck on a lift. Hope this helps! Good luck and post pics of course

Alaskanpeeps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1qikdsl Thank you for ur reply! ive dug around and found ur info. Did u go with the Spoth control arms and trac bar when u did the 2/3.25. Or was the beltech relocation bracket and sway bar end links enough for you. If so. At what point of low does the tail wag become a problem for most the 4x4s and how much did you have to cut to get down to 3.25. So I have a reference point if I deside to go lower.
A lil more back ground on my truck.... Last summer I towed a 20ft camper around alot. I had one coil cut witch put my track bar level. And had the 1000# helper bags. Even with a load equalizer kit for trailers. I had the wag really bad to the point it would get out of hand. And my trucks computer would take over and start cutting power and applying breaks to what ever wheel was needed. So at this point I want lower. But want to tighten the truck up. To have a safe truck for once. I figured it was the trailer so I sold it. This summer I towed a empty 20ft enclosed and unfortunaly it is still a problem!

1qikdsl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I cut 2 coils of each. Not sure when wag begins I no its been a bigger issue with 2wd. I only ran belltech trac bar relocation bracket and short seat bar endlinks. My truck did t sit low enough to need anything else and my rear wheels and tires didn't have the sucked forward look so I didn't feel the need to change the rear control arms or sway bar.

Alaskanpeeps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome thank you sir. I appreciate you sharing ur setup and experience with me!

Alaskanpeeps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tuff truck ttc-1210L
2" drop 10% weight increase
Has anyone tried these? Better handling? Is it actually 2" drop or am I totally off base thinking that this might make a dropped truck tow better? Even if they were cut to do a 2/3 or 2/4? Sorry for all the questions. I'd rather ask then spend the coin and find out I was wrong. Thx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sillygoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i run those. they are 2" drop. they are pretty stiff.
i plan to cut them to 4" this summer. we'll see

Alaskanpeeps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do u know if after you cut them you will still have a flat coil to sit on. Or are they like the stock coils? Post up pics when you do!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alaskanpeeps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well as stated above I had cut stock coils. And as advised I went with mcqaughy -2" coils. When installing them I struggled with the option of cutting a coil off or not to achieve 3"s of drop. Well I desided to install them with out cutting them. And I'm glad I did. My measurements are 36 1/4 front 36 3/4 rear. I know that they will set and sag a lil more. Hopefully not more than 1/2" I believe that they lowered the rear 2.5" but I'm not sure of my original measurement as I cut my stockers the day I bought the truck. I've read were some people have ran the stock size helper bags and pucks with the -2" springs. So I figured I'd give it a try. Now that everything is installed there is not enough room for them to fit in there properly. So I will pull it apart one day and cut the blocks down. Right now they Measure 3"s. Sorry I should have took pics! As many have helped me. I wanted to share my experience. Thanks to all

Machoramcharger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi, new to the forum. I just picked up a new red reg cab short bed and love the looks of a 2wd ram but need the use of a 4 wd for maine winters. I just ordered the ground force 9938 kit from carparts.com for $700 which included shipping. Can't wait to get it installed.
My truck came with 17" alloy rims but I'm on the hunt for the factory 20" chrome clad. Just missed out on a set on craigs for $400 with decent tires.
There's a set of black 22" srt rims for sale with newer tires for a $1000. I was thinking about picking those up for it but wasn't sure if they would fit after I lowered it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    26.3 KB · Views: 56

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Hi, new to the forum. I just picked up a new red reg cab short bed and love the looks of a 2wd ram but need the use of a 4 wd for maine winters. I just ordered the ground force 9938 kit from carparts.com for $700 which included shipping. Can't wait to get it installed.
My truck came with 17" alloy rims but I'm on the hunt for the factory 20" chrome clad. Just missed out on a set on craigs for $400 with decent tires.
There's a set of black 22" srt rims for sale with newer tires for a $1000. I was thinking about picking those up for it but wasn't sure if they would fit after I lowered it.

The SRT10 wheels fit fine with a 2/4 drop, it's a very common wheel and you'll have plenty of clearance with only a 2/3 drop.

Machoramcharger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Cool maybe I'll go grab them. I'd almost rather have the chrome ones though. I love the looks of this truck posted earlier. It looks to have 22's on it as well. My truck will look just like this one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 148

Machoramcharger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Do you guys think a $1000 is a good deal for the black 22" srt rims? He said they were only used for one season.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last edited:

1qikdsl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They will fit. Stock tires and wheels fit without any issue. I had 22x10 srt 10 whees on mine with a 305x45r22 nitto tire. Zero modification or rubbing. You would be good to go

14blackouthemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys you think I'll need 1/4 spacers for my 22x10 hellcats reps? I'll be running a 305/45. I'll be doing a 2/4 drop.

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys you think I'll need 1/4 spacers for my 22x10 hellcats reps? I'll be running a 305/45. I'll be doing a 2/4 drop.

Good question!

I called and the specs are 22x10, 25 offset and 6.5 backspacing. I'm also looking at getting them myself.

Sillygoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, same for srt reps. From my experience at least

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone lowered with aftermarket dual exhaust?

Wondering if I am gonna have clearance issues with a 2/3 GF drop and th Corsa exhaust.

I will be running belltech bumps and bags if that matters.

Thanks

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Anyone lowered with aftermarket dual exhaust?

Wondering if I am gonna have clearance issues with a 2/3 GF drop and th Corsa exhaust.

I will be running belltech bumps and bags if that matters.

Thanks

No clearance issues with the exhaust at all. You will be fine.