Strictly the 4x4 lowering thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IanL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemoi
Before and after GF 9983

Decided to trade in the Ram and go another route. Anyone interested in the GF Kit, with helper bags? I also have the SRT10 wheels and tires. Not even 2000 miles on the whole set. PM me if interested. Better price if you are local and I do not have to ship. Everything was professionally installed and removed. Thanks

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Decided to trade in the Ram and go another route. Anyone interested in the GF Kit, with helper bags? I also have the SRT10 wheels and tires. Not even 2000 miles on the whole set. PM me if interested. Better price if you are local and I do not have to ship. Everything was professionally installed and removed. Thanks

You should mention what is local, good luck!

IanL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemoi
Thanks N1ck that would help right? Boston Mass. Go Pats!!!! :)

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
If u still had the hellcat wheels I would be all over that bro! Either way good luck with sale and I'm local but that Pats thing........lol.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

IanL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemoi
If u still had the hellcat wheels I would be all over that bro! Either way good luck with sale and I'm local but that Pats thing........lol.

They hate us cuz they aint us!!!!

40Cent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi

Interested in the Kit and the wheels if you still have them.

Skip1965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you guys still hauling anything with the lowering kit or can you no longer haul as much i want to lower it but i don't want to spent the money then have my boat ruin the springs
I realize this is an older thread, but have seen people make comments about hauling boats with lowered trucks, and thought I would put a little personal experience out there for those that may need the information.

With BOAT TRAILERS, it is most often possible to adjust the "Bow stop" mounting position at the front of the trailer, to balance the boats weight closer to the trailers axle, which will reduce trailer's "tongue weight"; the downward force on the back of your truck. Think of the boat trailer setup as a teeter-totter; you have the ability to safely move the weight forward or rearward.

Caution should be taken to not move too much of the boats weight to the rear of the trailer, as it will cause a lifting of the tongue when going over bumps at highway speeds.

Recommended tongue weight falls in the 5-7% range; I have seen it closer to 10% though. I have adjusted mine rearward to net 4%, with no ill effects to handling. For my setup, it was about 2200 lbs gross weight, with only about 90 lbs as the tongue weight; or about the weight of one bag of concrete mix, and a gallon of paint, or the weight of a case of beer, fishing gear, and a cooler of ice, or about half the weight of your teenage daughter's ******* boyfriend, bound and gagged, and a shovel thrown in for good measure.

Btw, the last trailer I set up, I used a cheap bathroom scale to determine how much weight, or downforce, was being carried as tongue weight.

Hope this helps

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Predator, did you ever get around to getting before and after measurements of the drop amount on 2wd factory spindles? I’m still on the fence whether it’s worth the effort. What do you think?

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Predator, did you ever get around to getting before and after measurements of the drop amount on 2wd factory spindles? I’m still on the fence whether it’s worth the effort. What do you think?

I’m also curious what your experience was? I’ve got a used set of 2wd spindles ready to install.
I’ve had a GF 2/3 kit for years.

Can you elaborate on what went down when you had them installed? Did you have to grind them to fit? Why did you have to replace the control arm on the left side?

Thanks man.

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Control arms are not replaced but the seals were beginning to go. So it's on my list of near future mods. The opening to the top of the spindles needed to be bored out a bit. Overall it does help like another inch or so lower.

Last edited:

Fandango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 EZH
All I can see is that only one person has installed the H&R springs. Did I miss any others?

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Just chiln!!!!!!!adaddd8f545608c3e29425d48540b0f7.jpg

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a GF 2/3 kit and am installing 2wd spindles to go 3 in the front. Was going to also change out the front sway bar link from stock while I'm in there.

The stuff I read says its best to use the 2008 ford F150 front links. My question is, did yo use the 4wd or Rwd ones? Looking to order the right parts.

Last edited:

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a GF 2/3 kit and am installing 2wd spindles to go 3 in the front. Was going to also change out the front sway bar link from stock while I'm in there.

The stuff I read says its best to use the 2008 ford F150 front links. My question is, did yo use the 4wd or Rwd ones? Looking to order the right parts.

I ordered the 4wd ones. Hopefully they are the right ones....

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
What shocks did everyone go with in the front? Did anyone find qa1s to fit a 4x4 up front For a 2"-3" drop?

I've had gf front springs and a belltech rear kit in the garage for near 2 years while I traveled for work. Ready to finally do this. I also have the spohn adjustable control arms already.

I wanna just get the inez kit with the front control arms but I already have front springs.or i could try to sell the gf springs and spohn control arms and get the inez kit minus the rear belltech kit they send you for 1050

I think I just need to get
front f150 end links
Adjustable spohn panhard bar
Hellwig rear sway bar
Shocks (ordered rear qa1s this morning) and now front bilstiens do this Is checked off
No cut illicit brackets
I think that's it right?

Last edited: