Strictly the 4x4 lowering thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G-Truck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Well after a few weeks of Deric at GF not responding to my emails I ordered the Mcgaughys 44050 from Summit. Really excited to say the least, my truck has been in 4x4 stance for too long!

That has to be a bummer since you had the perfect kit in your hands a long time ago ...:waytogo:

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did a photo shoot locally and thought I'd share

Damn that's nice! You're just 2/4 correct?

I just picked up a 2015 sport crew 4x4 and I need to get it low asap. I'd really like to go 3/5 or 4/6 but after reading through this entire thread it looks like 2/4 is the safest bet for CVs etc. Kind of a bummer because I'm used to slammed trucks when I go low and I just feel like I'm not gonna be happy with only 2/4. Hell I can't even find a 4/6 for a dodge 2wd or 4wd lol. I may just take my truck to Nfamus and have them fab something up for me.

1qikdsl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm 2/3.25
I wish I could go an inch lower so it would sit like the 2x2 does. I want less wheel gap. I wish the cv were more like my old Chevy I swear with a lift kit they had a pretty extreme angle and no issues. Mine currently has a slight angle. Nothing bad at all so it surprises me that going lower causes an issue? I don't want to be the dummy who does it anyway and ends up pissed when I have problems lol. I would have no choice but to blame everyone on here. I think that's how it works! Ha ha

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Looks AWESOME!!! Im torn between 4.5 max trac spindles, 0/2 level, or 2/3 drop. This is not helping me decide lol. Are you running 305/45r22?

I should have gotten a 6.4 bed too. Makes all the difference.

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm 2/3.25
I wish I could go an inch lower so it would sit like the 2x2 does. I want less wheel gap. I wish the cv were more like my old Chevy I swear with a lift kit they had a pretty extreme angle and no issues. Mine currently has a slight angle. Nothing bad at all so it surprises me that going lower causes an issue? I don't want to be the dummy who does it anyway and ends up pissed when I have problems lol. I would have no choice but to blame everyone on here. I think that's how it works! Ha ha

That's the problem with lowering or lifting, you always want more! At least that's always been my experience.

I'm going to order the 2/3 from GF and see where it sits. Maybe cut a little off the rear springs if I have to in order to get it level. Further down the road I am going to replace the rear springs with the ridetech coolride bags. Then I can get the back where I want it at ride height, air it out when I'm parked, and get a better ride out back. I'm thinking ridetch shockwaves for the front eventually too, then I'll be on air at all for corners. We shall see.

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's the problem with lowering or lifting, you always want more! At least that's always been my experience.

I'm going to order the 2/3 from GF and see where it sits. Maybe cut a little off the rear springs if I have to in order to get it level. Further down the road I am going to replace the rear springs with the ridetech coolride bags. Then I can get the back where I want it at ride height, air it out when I'm parked, and get a better ride out back. I'm thinking ridetch shockwaves for the front eventually too, then I'll be on air at all for corners. We shall see.

Amen.. :favorites13:

1qikdsl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes 305/45/22. I love my 6.4 bed. Most don't notice but dodge guys seem to

1qikdsl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are 305/45/22 nt420 on a 22x10 wheel no spacers and zero rubbing or clearance issues

1qikdsl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hmm i was told we 4x4 guys need spacers for those rims

No sir. No spacers and zero rubbing. My wheels are from factory replicas. I know hey have other replicas that are considerably heavier and look less dished so they may. I have zero experience with them so I couldn't confirm this. I can tell you that mine weight 38lbs. I didn't want to add a lot of rotating mass. I wanted a 20 inch whee with a 305/55 but they are heavy and e rated so I changed to my current setup to keep a 33 inch tall tire and the weight down. Total tire and wheel combo is 8.5 lbs heavier than stock wheel and tire setup. Hope this helps

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They are 305/45/22 nt420 on a 22x10 wheel no spacers and zero rubbing or clearance issues

I seriously can't stop starring at these pics of your truck. I click this page every day just to look at them lol. Well done sir, well done. :favorites13:

1qikdsl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I seriously can't stop starring at these pics of your truck. I click this page every day just to look at them lol. Well done sir, well done. :favorites13:

Thanks brother! :favorites13: just trying to keep it simple, clean as still useful

keg184

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lowered 1" front and 2" rear. I have Spohn Performance rear trailing arms w/ spherical joints and my own built panhard bar. I redrilled the chassis side of the panhard bar mount raising it 1" to make the bar level. I modified the rear swaybar moving the end links forward on the bar to stiffen it and bilstein shocks. Truck handles GREAT!

DSCN0436.jpg