stumped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rlubbers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter
LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS OR ADVISE: 2013 Ram 1500 5.7 liter quad cab

We had a heavy rain a few days ago. on the next day, I went out and started my truck and realized there were some issues. Truck starts and run fine. here are some of the issues: air conditioning does not work, radio does not work, front power windows do not work, (but rear ones do work), power locks do not work. Outside temp reads -40 on dash. I am not sure what else may be wrong. I have checks the fuses in the fuse relay box. Some have no power feeding them at all, others are just fine. Any suggestions as ro what direction to go next would be greatly appreciated.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Disconnect the positive battery cable, wait 10 minutes and reconnect. Might 'reset' everything.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Disconnect the positive battery cable, wait 10 minutes and reconnect. Might 'reset' everything.

Always remove the negative cable first,never disconnect the positive cable first or by itself,and always reconnect the positive cable first then the negative cable.Not going into the reasons why,you can google them,lol

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Amazing the truck still runs.

OP
OP
R

rlubbers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter
Always remove the negative cable first,never disconnect the positive cable first or by itself,and always reconnect the positive cable first then the negative cable.Not going into the reasons why,you can google them,lol

no joy on the reboot. Thanks for the advise on the battery disconnect, but was already aware. I am looking for a wiring schematic to try to look for uniformity on the circuits that are being affected. Thinking it may be an issue with Body control module. Doing more research. If anyone has run into this issue, pls let me know.

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Curious - does it have a sunroof? Odd question I know but recently my kids car had the sunroof drains plug up and it rained and the interior of kickpanels leaked water all over the BCM and pedal position switch causing all kinds of electrical issues. Long story short - cleared it out, got it draining as it should, dried out the components and all is well again. Pretty sure the BCM on these trucks is in a similar location. It's a stretch but I figured Id throw it out there just in case...

OP
OP
R

rlubbers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter
No sunroof, but we got 5.5 in of rain in one hour. I will take a look to see if there is any moisture on or near.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
no joy on the reboot. Thanks for the advise on the battery disconnect, but was already aware. I am looking for a wiring schematic to try to look for uniformity on the circuits that are being affected. Thinking it may be an issue with Body control module. Doing more research. If anyone has run into this issue, pls let me know.

Comment wasn't directed towards you rlubbers,lol

KC Cryptkeeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would check the door modules for moisture or a ground that got wet or corroded. the windows, locks and temp. all are controlled from the drivers side door module that is my reasoning.

mrOAP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Moisture in the fuse box, TIPM? Don't know how the rain would work its way in there, but water has a funny characteristic of f$%#ing up someone's day.

OP
OP
R

rlubbers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter
well had to take to local dealership. Diagnosed a shorted door module on drivers door. Part is on order will have truck back on Monday. Thanks for your suggestions. Good Call KC Cryptkeeper :)

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So you've got a part repaired but I would be on them to make sure they resolve where and how the water intruded into the door module in the 1st place. The amount of rain would have little to do with this, more so the intensity and I'd suspect you'll get a similar rain again sooner or later.

phantomfixer

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Moisture in the fuse box, TIPM? Don't know how the rain would work its way in there, but water has a funny characteristic of f$%#ing up someone's day.
You've made a good point.There is a YouTube video about TIPM being vulnerable to water

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The TIPM on my truck is right behind a pretty large gap between the radiator and the washer tank. I was going to cover it up but I'm wondering if that's there to cool the TIPM?

Anyways during a good rain that gap is going to spray water on it at highway speeds.....c73ed448eae8273cf5864edacbf47024.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca