Subwoofer Enclosure Question Ported or Sealed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Everyone.

I've been reading many posted here about aftermarket stereo equipment. I would appreciate some info from all of you knowing. i have a 15 Ramm crew cab. My first attempt was two Kicker Comp C's in small ported enclosures. That didnt take long to toast them. So now I mocked up my truck with two 10" DVC Kicker Comp R's in a ported encloure that was made for my Challenger. They're wired to 2 ohms and being pushed by a Kicker 1200.1 Amp. the sound is everything I'm looking for but, what to do about the elephant sized box taking two of three seats in the rear. I've looked at some underneath enclosures. I am noticing that they are not ported. My personal preference is ported for a few reasons. Anyone installed a ported enclosure? Or is there simply not enough volume in order to port. I would prefer keeping these subs as I love thier sound.

Thanks guys,
Bill

shortbus317

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
https://www.foxacoustics.com/collections/dodge-ram-crew-cab

The Kicker Comp R's like between 1.25 and 1.75 cubes airspace, so this box would sit well with them:

For what its worth, I have heard this box with JL w3's, and I was very impressed. I am putting 2 Image Dynamics IDQ12's in mine next month, along with the CDT unity 7.5 kit from CDT.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve been very happy with the box I bought from Net Audio 6 years ago. I got the Single Tall sealed and run a JL 12W6V3. They also make dual, ported boxes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357