SunCoast Trans or ATM Trans? Thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank A Rappel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So I like many have deleted and tuned my 2016 Ram 2500 Cummins. In doing so my 68RFE lasted about 20k miles. 6th gear (OD) is out. I still have the other 5. It is around 500Hp currently and looking to upgrade in the future to around 650ish HP. So doing some research and these 2 pre-built trans seem like the best options. Looking for any pros or cons on them to decide which one to go with. I don't want to have to do this again when upgrading HP. All thoughts are welcomed and appreciated.

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I assume you mean ATS?

Check out Revmax as well.
Suncoast, Revmax and ATS have pretty good reps. Suncoast probably has the best reputation around though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
You just want to POP for an entire upgraded transmission or you just want to fix what is broke? I'm not 100% on people who have installed them, but I like how suncoast presents their stuff and shows the weaknesses of the rfe, and I have heard some stuff about ATS but those issues seamed to be solved.

You seen the video's?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ATS has struggled with a poor reputation regarding their products and poor customer service for a long time. Every time you read something positive you also read about more problems from their customers. If you consider them I would caution you to do lots and lots of research so you don't end up being surprised. I have not personally had any experience with their products, there was enough negative information floating around that I steered clear.
Jay

James OBrien

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hermi
ATS has struggled with a poor reputation regarding their products and poor customer service for a long time. Every time you read something positive you also read about more problems from their customers. If you consider them I would caution you to do lots and lots of research so you don't end up being surprised. I have not personally had any experience with their products, there was enough negative information floating around that I steered clear.
Jay

I've heard similar feedback, when I was in the shop doing a dyno yesterday they had a Ram 2500 sitting in back that broke 3 ATS transmissions and they were waiting for a suncoast to come in. ATS stood by the warranty but three broken tranny's in as many months... Not good.

OP
OP
Frank A Rappel

Frank A Rappel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm leaning towards the Suncoast 68RFE Category 3. There's a dealer / shop a couple hours away and they can do it in a day. Which includes doing the learning process. I also wouldn't have to pay up front the 2k core charge by having them install. fe7abd94e6c38752391af66d9685541e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Back when my forum name matched the vehicle I had.............I’d go Suncoast and not think twice.

they were among the first to really understand what could be beefed in the 68 and what would realistically work.