Super Cool Mount for Phone, Cam, whatever!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just going to say it, I HATE suction cup mounts. They always let go at the most inopportune moments. When I bought the backup camera system for the trailer it of course came with a sticky/suction mount, oh hell no! I had purchased and installed a Bayou Goat Mount and needed something easy to put up and take down.

I was thinking double ended magnetic mount but couldn’t find one big enough, so I was going to make my own until I stumbled on ClutchIT, a dual magnetic phone mount made like a tank. Put it on the Bayou mount and it was a job getting it back off! Attached to the built in metal plate on the dash cam monitor no worries. They recommend less than 2 lbs but a guy on a review attached a Surface Pro to it and says it stays put. Cool thing is you can virtually use this anywhere. Stick it on the hood to watch a how-to with your phone, gps, etc.

Total invested is $47 for the Bayou & ClutchIT

Bayou Goat Mount: http://www.bayougoatmounts.com/

ClutchIT: https://clutchit.com/

Bayou & ClutchIT

12FA29AC-0606-46E6-9ECB-3DDFFD4549E1.jpeg

Attached to dash monitor

0DCBE7C8-2656-45F9-ADFA-DD563FD6E905.jpeg

festivus15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just going to say it, I HATE suction cup mounts. They always let go at the most inopportune moments. When I bought the backup camera system for the trailer it of course came with a sticky/suction mount, oh hell no! I had purchased and installed a Bayou Goat Mount and needed something easy to put up and take down.

I was thinking double ended magnetic mount but couldn’t find one big enough, so I was going to make my own until I stumbled on ClutchIT, a dual magnetic phone mount made like a tank. Put it on the Bayou mount and it was a job getting it back off! Attached to the built in metal plate on the dash cam monitor no worries. They recommend less than 2 lbs but a guy on a review attached a Surface Pro to it and says it stays put. Cool thing is you can virtually use this anywhere. Stick it on the hood to watch a how-to with your phone, gps, etc.

Total invested is $47 for the Bayou & ClutchIT

Bayou Goat Mount: http://www.bayougoatmounts.com/

ClutchIT: https://clutchit.com/

Bayou & ClutchIT

View attachment 181440

Attached to dash monitor

View attachment 181441
looks great. thanks for the recommendation.

Brianmp01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Which back up camera did you buy and do you like it?

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is prefect, I was looking for something like this or planning to make similar. Appreciate the post save me time, money and effort trying to DIY one.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's a similar mount on ebay for $27 and a tripple mount for $53.50

OP
OP
Razzman

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
There's a similar mount on ebay for $27 and a tripple mount for $53.50

That is the same exact mount made by Bayou Goat Mounts, I paid $27 direct. They make a single, double & triple mount.

KPMH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I saw this thread and thought...hmmm. I'm tired of my bean bag mount sliding around the top of the dash. Tried silicone on the underside, pieces of non-slip carpet underlayment but nothing worked. It worked for a while but the heat just dried it up and made it worthless. Then I saw this and came up with my own solution. I had a spare Ram ball mount and bolted it to the dash insert. I can now use the stem and cradle on my motorbike or truck. Works great. That's why I never throw anything out....lol

IMG_4115.JPG IMG_4116.JPG IMG_4117.JPG

Pete

PapaCap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
3.0 liter eco-diesel
Love the Ram Mounts and have many for various uses but too utilitarian looking for the dash of my truck. Wish the Clutchit worked with an iPhone 11 with wireless charging but the thin steel disc plate required to allow the magnet to stick disrupts the charging. Anyone know different? I was wrong once already this morning.