Supreme suspension spacer kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l V8 Hemi
I am thinking of putting the supreme suspension leveling kit on my 2013 ram 1500. The kit claims it is a 3.5" front 2.5" rear. What issues might I be looking at and will this completely void my warranty. I am still within my 6yr 60,000 mile.

Reo Cook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500
Engine
5.7L HEMI
3.5" seems to be maxing it out a bit. I've heard to not go over 2.5 without putting some seriously bad angles on things. Definitely change the upper control arms too

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
2.5" spacers are the max you want to run without doing a proper lift kit. Anything larger will put the front suspension and driveline angles too far out of spec and will give you issues.

The far better option for you to run is Bilstein 5100 adjustable front struts set at 2.8". Check out the Guide to Leveling linked in my signature for a bunch more information on why.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Helo & welcome to the Ram Forum EricK!

The guys here will not steer you wrong sir , in 2013 Ram changed some design up front resulting in weaker UCAs , some have had upper ball joint separation with lifts and levels .

Just in case you don't know how to get to the link bradonjansen eluded to above , I've copied it here for your convenience.
This is a very informative thread by Brandonjanson.
I second the bilsteins 5100s .
https://tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=...&share_tid=70918&share_fid=17770&share_type=t

Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's

Good Luck EricK with your truck !

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm posting a link to another informative post and a great thread by AustinB, the link will take you to a spacific post of mine , but I do recomend also going to post #1 of AustinB and reading from there .

https://tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=...&share_tid=79370&share_fid=17770&share_type=t

Alright guys.. BILSTEINS post your pics!!!

EricK , I'm confident between the thread by Brandonjanson & AustinB you'll have every faucet of information you'll need to successfully level you 2013 .

And again Welcome to the Ram Forum Sir !

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ooops ! AustinB 's thread is below .... my bad

https://tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=...&share_tid=79838&share_fid=17770&share_type=t

Everything Bilstien Mega Thread

I was going to do a spacer kit level until I read through brandon and austin's threads. Then I went to investigate some local shops armed with that knowledge. What disturbed me is that after visiting 4 truck part stores and 3 mechanics who do suspensions and lifting and leveling Not a single one out of those 7 even heard of Bilstein 5100's, and even worse every one of them said "nah we don't do alignments, you won't need one anyway". Geez. I'm not 100% decided whether I'm going to level yet but if I do I'll spend the bucks to replace all 4 shocks and associated parts (UCA's) and not use spacers at all.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I firmly believe the Bilsteins are the way to go , mine @ +2.8" for about 9k now & zero issues , maybe I'm biased , nevertheless it's a well proven way to level !
I can't imagine going with spacers after reading Brandonjanson 's & AustinB 's threads ... and hearing too many bad spacer stories .
I also think better UCAs are cheep insurance.
Not sure I'd go to a 4x4 shop for work if they say you wouldn't need an alignment though.

Know your limitations , but if your capable Sir you'd be well served doing the Bilstien's yourself , overall I believe ive read more stories of the bils being installed improperly by the " professionals " as opposed to the competent DIYer ..... I'd rate the bils & Mevotecs install as a 3.5 -4 out of ten on difficulty. ..

Good luck to you Sir !

OP
OP
E

EricK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l V8 Hemi
Thanks

Thanks for all the advice. I have some homework to do.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I run 2.5 spacers, i havent had any issues, but according to EVERYBODY bils are the best, so im going to try them. Swapping everything out in about a month or 2. Going to do Mevotek or mevoteck, not sure how it spelled, UCA. Going to set bils at 2.8

OP
OP
E

EricK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l V8 Hemi
Another question

I looked at another kit offered by this company which looks like the same components but includes bilstein 5100.
Below is the link to the kit. Can somebody check it out and let me know what i would be missing.
Thanks

http://supremesuspensions.com/product/2009-2015-dodge-ram-1500-full-suspension-lift-kit-bilstein-shocks-4wd-4x4/

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I run 2.5 spacers, i havent had any issues, but according to EVERYBODY bils are the best, so im going to try them. Swapping everything out in about a month or 2. Going to do Mevotek or mevoteck, not sure how it spelled, UCA. Going to set bils at 2.8
Some just don't have issues , some do . I probably wouldn't change a thing unless you just want a likely better ride with the bills .
I'm a believer in the bils , but if it ain't broke

Good luck to ya , it's Mevotecs, the -57 P/N is the drivers side -58 is passenger . Purchase at www.rockauto.com cheeper I've found

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
every one of them said "nah we don't do alignments, you won't need one anyway".

Wow! Definitely not shops that you want doing any kind of suspension work on your truck as they obviously know nothing about it or how the geometry changes when you lift it.

I looked at another kit offered by this company which looks like the same components but includes bilstein 5100.
Below is the link to the kit. Can somebody check it out and let me know what i would be missing.
Thanks

Full Lift Kit & Bilstein Shocks for 09-15 Dodge Ram 1500

Those are Bilstein 4600's, not 5100's. They aren't adjustable and really aren't needed for the kit at all as the spacer they provide is still installed on top of the strut. So you'll have the same issues with over extending the front suspension, likely popping the ball joints, and not getting full compression.

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow! Definitely not shops that you want doing any kind of suspension work on your truck as they obviously know nothing about it or how the geometry changes when you lift it.

Right! My area is pretty lacking in this regard which is surprising because it's pretty redneck where I live. I'll keep hunting